+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Country of residence :

saikrishnaklu

Aug 6, 2020
Hope everyone on this forum are doing well.

I received the ITA on 8th July.

I have been working in Australia [Country of Residence] since last two and half years. I returned to India [Country of Birth] on vacation in March first week and couldn't travel back due to AUS Government restrictions because of COVID-19 and it is already been 6 months.

Will my Country of Residence/Correspondence/Current address - INDIA or AUSTRALIA?

Is it ok if I keep as INDIA and Update CIC later once I move back to AUSTRALIA or will it be a problem since my job says I am working in AUS and paying tax there.

saikrishnaklu

Aug 6, 2020
If you intend to return to live and work in Australia, choose Australia.
Many thanks for your reply. @thevisawhisperer

The problem is I currently dont have a residential address in Australia and have to give my friends address which I feel as misrepresentation.

So, is it better to give INDIA and write in LOE about COVID restrictions and will let them know if circumstance changes in future?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
The solution to your problem can be solved only by that rarest of commodities - common sense. This is only a question about where to send things It is not a question critical to the validity of your application. Where do want your mail sent?

Reactions: EscoBlades