+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counting working experience between graduation and work permit

MaramR

Jul 13, 2018
I have started working on the day i applied for PGWP. I received my PGWP 3 months after I applied. Please let me know if I can claim experience including 3 (while i was waiting for my PGWP) or should I claim my experience only from the day I got my PGWP. Please advice. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have started working on the day i applied for PGWP. I received my PGWP 3 months after I applied. Please let me know if I can claim experience including 3 (while i was waiting for my PGWP) or should I claim my experience only from the day I got my PGWP. Please advice. Thanks.
Yes, you can.

Reactions: deadpoolone

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
From the date you applied for your PGWP.

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
You can claim from the day you applied.

Ryy

Dec 21, 2020
Also in the same bucket but with an added layer of stupidity because I attached the provisional transcript and not the final one and then applied a day too late, so i was technically working without even implied status. Thankfully, the deadline to submit was increased to 180 days a week before I got my rejection letter so I was still able to get a PGWP

Did those of you who applied with a LoE list only the legal work on your express entry profile? I'm torn between that and listing both the legal and illegal as seperate entries, with the illegal work checked

VictoriousJ

Jan 9, 2021
Hello Jes,
In my case, I applied for PGWP in Jan 2019. Started working for employer from March 2019, got my PGWP in April 2019(a month after). Now, in my express entry profile I have only claimed work experience from April 2019 as I got my PGWP in the month, I know that it would have been fine to claim from March as it is well after my PGWP application date.

Now when I submit my PR application, I know my employer letter will state the actual date I started working (which will be March 2019). So, For my work history details and personal activities I'm also planning to use March 2019 (start date for work) in my final PR application.

To avoid any complications, do you think I should put LOE explaining why I put April 2019 in my profile and not Actual starting date of work or just leave it and let my profile have April 2019 and my PR application March 2019?

I would appreciate your response and time!

Ryy

Dec 21, 2020
Hello Jes,
In my case, I applied for PGWP in Jan 2019. Started working for employer from March 2019, got my PGWP in April 2019(a month after). Now, in my express entry profile I have only claimed work experience from April 2019 as I got my PGWP in the month, I know that it would have been fine to claim from March as it is well after my PGWP application date.

Now when I submit my PR application, I know my employer letter will state the actual date I started working (which will be March 2019). So, For my work history details and personal activities I'm also planning to use March 2019 (start date for work) in my final PR application.

To avoid any complications, do you think I should put LOE explaining why I put April 2019 in my profile and not Actual starting date of work or just leave it and let my profile have April 2019 and my PR application March 2019?

I would appreciate your response and time!

So long as you applied within 90 days of your studies finishing you should have had implied status from the moment you applied, meaning that you can claim from march onwards

VictoriousJ

Jan 9, 2021
But, my express entry profile is locked now. And I put april there! Should I still say march in e APR and attach LOE?