Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Hi all,

My wife has been working as a clients services manager(not a managerial role) for a publishing company(Company x) for the past 1 year and 6 months.
The role involves dealing with client's requirement, proposing advertising plan for the clients etc. Possible NOC 1123.

Now she has a job offer to take up the role of Accounts manager(not managerial) at an Ad server company.(Company Y)

Both client services manager and accounts manager share the same roles and responsibilities -Possible NOC 1123.

We plan to put EE profile 5-6 months down the line.

Q:
1) Can she show both Company X and Y experience under same NOC? aka 2 years of combined experience from 2 different companies 6 months down the line.
2) Or can she only show from one company - Company x(1.6 years) past or company Y(6months) possible future?

Thanks in advance.

ZAT

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Hi anyone?

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
What is your desired stream ? Is it FSW or CEC ?
The desired stream is FSW.

on the immigration website it says as minimum 1 Continual experience - but if my wife is changing companies, does that still count as continual experience?

Previous questions:
1) Can she show both Company X and Y experience under same NOC? aka 2 years of combined experience from 2 different companies 6 months down the line.
2) Or can she only show from one company - Company x(1.6 years) past or company Y(6months) possible future?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
The desired stream is FSW.

on the immigration website it says as minimum 1 Continual experience - but if my wife is changing companies, does that still count as continual experience?

Previous questions:
Is it continues? Where there lay off in between? If not then it is continuous if yes then its one year experience + part time if applicable

zat

Jul 16, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Is it continues? Where there lay off in between? If not then it is continuous if yes then its one year experience + part time if applicable
Hopefully there will not be a gap in between her current company and next company.

Possibly leave company A on friday and Join company B on a monday should be okay?

Her current company experience stands at 1.6 years. Even if she has a break of a week in between while switching to a new company. , can she use her 1.6 years to show as a 1 year past experience?

Thanks

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hopefully there will not be a gap in between her current company and next company.

Possibly leave company A on friday and Join company B on a monday should be okay?

Her current company experience stands at 1.6 years. Even if she has a break of a week in between while switching to a new company. , can she use her 1.6 years to show as a 1 year past experience?

Thanks
Hi,

In Express Entry, you can claim points for cumulative work experience under the same or different NOC codes in all streams. It just varies from one stream to another, so it all depends on what stream you're applying for.

For instance, if you're applying through FSW stream then at least 12 months of continuous work experience is required under the primary occupation. Along with that you can also include multiple short-term experiences with different employers (even in different NOC codes) in order to fetch work experience points for a cumulative period of no more than 3 years. Significantly, secondary experiences need not to be continuous!

However, if you apply under CEC category, then it need not to be continuous for 12 consecutive months. Instead, you're able to fetch points for a cumulative work experience of even 1 year for CEC category.

I hope it helps. For further information, you may ping me separately or join the group links available in my profile. Good luck!

Last edited: