+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counterfoil updated as "document is invalid"

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Hi..i have maybe almost the same case as you have.. how did it go? Were you issued a new visa? As with me, the “deactivated” my visa which is supposed to expire on July 20, 2021. I deferred my study also from Sept 2020 to Sept 2021. I was advised not to travel and should notify them near the commencement of intake. May I ask what happened to your case? Thank u

Aug 22, 2020
Hi..i have maybe almost the same case as you have.. how did it go? Were you issued a new visa? As with me, the “deactivated” my visa which is supposed to expire on July 20, 2021. I deferred my study also from Sept 2020 to Sept 2021. I was advised not to travel and should notify them near the commencement of intake. May I ask what happened to your case? Thank u
Hi, I had already posted an update in the thread here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/counterfoil-updated-as-document-is-invalid.699345/post-8936680

I was then successfully able to travel to Canada in Dec 2020

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Hi everyone, want to update you all.

I just received a request to resubmit my passport and get a new TRV. I hope the rest of you get some good news too!

Edit: my DLI is on the approved list. Once the list came out I submitted a webform request to reinstate my TRV. Not sure if that helped or not, but here we are. Best of luck to everyone.
Hi...thank you..the request to resubmit your passport for a new TRV, was it in your gc acct?or they notified you through email? Thank u

Simran Singh Sachdeva

Aug 3, 2020
Hi...i have the same case with you.. may I know how’s your case now? And what did you do? My intake was deferred to September 2021..but my visa will expire on July 2021..now, it says on my acct “the document is invalid”..the Riyadh Visa told me to notify them when my dstudybis near..but I dont know when is the best time to contact them again..thank you
Hey! Don't panic! Whatsapp me, I'll guide you. 9999107616

Himani_Patel

Dec 19, 2019
Vadodara-gujarat-India
Category........
STUDY
Below are my details. My Student visa was issued in 2020 and due to the pandemic I was unable to fly. After that my medical was expired and detected with Tuberculous. The treatment lasted for a year and after that my medical was cleared and my re-medical was submitted by panel hospital to IRCC on June 23, 2022.
Now 4 months have passed but my valid visa status is Invalid. Once I called IRCC and they confirmed that your medical which we have will expire in June,2023. So, I asked them if I would fly, they said yes and I booked my ticket for Canada on August 18,2022 but on the same day the Airport Authority denied my entry on the grounds of invalid visa and I came back from airport.
Now let me guide that what should we do? How can I change my invalid visa to valid visa status.