+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Counterfoil updated as "document is invalid"

mashiko

Nov 2, 2020
Are you facing the same issue?

I know 4 people whose visa got invalid on the same day (8 October), we all have tourist visa as well.
Yes, I renewed my visa in august, it was deactivated on October 7. I went home in September and now got stuck and waitng for new dli list

Areebabdullah

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Yes, I renewed my visa in august, it was deactivated on October 7. I went home in September and now got stuck and waitng for new dli list
That's weird how most of our visa changed on 7-8 october.

One of them was even denied to board the plane.

Let's hope for the best, you're not alone. Dont worry.

Areebabdullah

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
I mentioned on the webform that my DLI is on the list, hopefully that can change something.

Let's hope your DLI is on the list as well tomorrow.

Reactions: mashiko

mashiko

Nov 2, 2020
In London. Brittish airlines couldnt scan my visa at the desk and contacted Canadian Embassy in London. Visa was not in the system

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
So I was approved for a study permit before March 18 2020 for May 2020 intake.

Due to Covid I decided to defer to September. I tried entering Canada in early June but was unfortunately turned back in Toronto (was allowed on the plane but turned away in Canada). The officer said I was coming too early and said to try two weeks before school starts (but didn't guarantee anything).

So. I'm going to try again next week but when I looked at my IRCC account it says my counterfoil document (the stamp in my passport) was updated as invalid on July 5th 2020. I don't know why this happened? Is it related to being denied at the Canadian border?

I just don't understand why? What can I do now? I can't fly if it's invalid right? For reference the counterfoil expires July 31 2021 and it is multiple entry.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Hi...i have the same case with you.. may I know how’s your case now? And what did you do? My intake was deferred to September 2021..but my visa will expire on July 2021..now, it says on my acct “the document is invalid”..the Riyadh Visa told me to notify them when my dstudybis near..but I dont know when is the best time to contact them again..thank you