+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

could my canadian wife sponser me with criminal record

monologst

Feb 28, 2014
Dear Sir
im an Egyptian and my wife is Canadian citizen
could she sponsor me with her criminal record she was arrested 5 years ago and was in jail for one year for using drugs and her x husband was a drug dealer but she didn't do anything bad in the last 5 years so does it effect the application ?
best regards

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
According to CIC website: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp)

"You may not be eligible to be a sponsor if you:

did not meet the terms of a sponsorship agreement in the past,
did not pay alimony or child support even though a court ordered it,
get government financial help for reasons other than being disabled,
were convicted of
an offence of a sexual nature,
a violent crime,
an offence against a relative that resulted in bodily harm or
an attempt or threat to commit any such offences, depending on the details of the case, such as
the type of offence,
how long ago it occurred and
whether a record suspension was issued (see Sponsorship bar for violent crime below)
were sponsored as a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner in the past and became a permanent resident of Canada less than five years ago (see Five-year sponsorship bar below)
did not pay back an immigration loan, made late payments or missed payments,
are in prison or
have declared bankruptcy and have not been released from it yet.
Other things not on this list may stop you from being able to sponsor a relative.

If you live in Quebec, Citizenship and Immigration Canada must approve you as a sponsor first. Then you must also meet Quebec's conditions to be a sponsor.
"

Sponsorship bar for violent crime

The sponsorship bar stops people who have been convicted of certain crimes from sponsoring a family member.

If you have been convicted of a crime that caused bodily harm to any of the relatives below, you cannot sponsor anyone under the Family Class.

Note:

“Partner” includes common-law and conjugal partners.
Relatives not listed here may still fall under this category. If you are not sure, check the full list of rules or contact the office processing your application.
Relatives the sponsorship bar can apply to:

your current or ex-spouse/partner and/or their children,
your children,
your parent/grandparent, child/grandchild, sibling, niece/nephew, aunt/uncle, or cousin, or
the current or ex-spouse/partner and children of the above
the parent/grandparent, child/grandchild, sibling, niece/nephew, aunt/uncle, or cousin of your current or ex-spouse/partner or children, or
the current or ex-spouse/partner and children of any of the above
your child's spouse, partner or children,
your spouse's, partner's or child's ex-spouse or ex-partner and children,
your partner's parent/grandparent, child/grandchild, sibling, niece/nephew, aunt/uncle, or cousin, or
the current or ex-spouse/partner (and their children)of any of the above,
a foster child who is or was cared for by
you,
your current or ex-spouse/partner or their children,
your parent/grandparent, child/grandchild, sibling, aunt/uncle or cousin, or
the current or ex-spouse/partner (and their children) of any of the above, or
your current or ex-boyfriend/girlfriend, their spouse or common-law partner, and their dependent children.

I believe your wife can still sponsor you, because her charges were of a different nature (narcotics) than the ones specified on the CIC webpage, but I cannot guarantee this 100%. Better ask a lawyer about this.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Yeah, "ONE YEAR in prison" . . . JUST for "using drugs"??? There's gotta be more to it than that. Not saying it was a violent crime, just saying maybe the OP doesn't know everything.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
truesmile said:
Yeah, "ONE YEAR in prison" . . . JUST for "using drugs"??? There's gotta be more to it than that. Not saying it was a violent crime, just saying maybe the OP doesn't know everything.
If the ex-husband was a drug dealer, maybe she was charged for dealing also. Or maybe they had "special" crops in the backyard. Who knows?

monologst

Feb 28, 2014
so it means that she lied on me by saying she was just using drugs oooo my God so what can i do now it seems like using drugs doesn't cause one year in prison
i want to get a specific answer please cic will approve the application or gonna reject it because of her x husband as a drug dealer also he was in Canada as a protection person and she went to immigration to say to them give him a permanent resident he is good (as she said) she dint sign on any paper she says so please help could we start the spousal sponsorship
-we knew each other on face for one year
-we have letters between us
-she send me money to help
-we have cell phone record
-age gap 13 years
-she doesn't work
-she takes divisibility
-she lives with her father
-we have been together in real for one month we got married in Egypt
-im Muslim she is christian
so what chances we have ?
best wishes

monologst

Feb 28, 2014
Avadava said:
According to CIC website: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp)

"You may not be eligible to be a sponsor if you:

did not meet the terms of a sponsorship agreement in the past,
did not pay alimony or child support even though a court ordered it,
get government financial help for reasons other than being disabled,
were convicted of
an offence of a sexual nature,
a violent crime,
an offence against a relative that resulted in bodily harm or
an attempt or threat to commit any such offences, depending on the details of the case, such as
the type of offence,
how long ago it occurred and
whether a record suspension was issued (see Sponsorship bar for violent crime below)
were sponsored as a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner in the past and became a permanent resident of Canada less than five years ago (see Five-year sponsorship bar below)
did not pay back an immigration loan, made late payments or missed payments,
are in prison or
have declared bankruptcy and have not been released from it yet.
Other things not on this list may stop you from being able to sponsor a relative.

If you live in Quebec, Citizenship and Immigration Canada must approve you as a sponsor first. Then you must also meet Quebec's conditions to be a sponsor.
"

Sponsorship bar for violent crime

The sponsorship bar stops people who have been convicted of certain crimes from sponsoring a family member.

If you have been convicted of a crime that caused bodily harm to any of the relatives below, you cannot sponsor anyone under the Family Class.

Note:

“Partner” includes common-law and conjugal partners.
Relatives not listed here may still fall under this category. If you are not sure, check the full list of rules or contact the office processing your application.
Relatives the sponsorship bar can apply to:

your current or ex-spouse/partner and/or their children,
your children,
your parent/grandparent, child/grandchild, sibling, niece/nephew, aunt/uncle, or cousin, or
the current or ex-spouse/partner and children of the above
the parent/grandparent, child/grandchild, sibling, niece/nephew, aunt/uncle, or cousin of your current or ex-spouse/partner or children, or
the current or ex-spouse/partner and children of any of the above
your child's spouse, partner or children,
your spouse's, partner's or child's ex-spouse or ex-partner and children,
your partner's parent/grandparent, child/grandchild, sibling, niece/nephew, aunt/uncle, or cousin, or
the current or ex-spouse/partner (and their children)of any of the above,
a foster child who is or was cared for by
you,
your current or ex-spouse/partner or their children,
your parent/grandparent, child/grandchild, sibling, aunt/uncle or cousin, or
the current or ex-spouse/partner (and their children) of any of the above, or
your current or ex-boyfriend/girlfriend, their spouse or common-law partner, and their dependent children.

I believe your wife can still sponsor you, because her charges were of a different nature (narcotics) than the ones specified on the CIC webpage, but I cannot guarantee this 100%. Better ask a lawyer about this.
thanks for ur replay
i want to add that she was arrested with cocaine i asked how musc she said huge i said one kilo she said less than that
so does this kind of drugs on the cic list?
thanks alot