+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could I apply for PR under both Express Entry and PNP at the same time?

vuta

Sep 14, 2020
if you mean by paper based PNP and EE.

Yes you can , I already have !

I have seen many people in this very forum who have done so , there is a very very good chance that PR through EE will be much faster than paper based application.

I have called CIC , the CIC call center agent said the same, they promise to process the PR EE application in 6 months are less.
While paper based normally takes 16-20 months!!
Hi, you mean you already got PR by keeping paper based application and EE application at the same time?

I already sent paper based application to IRCC and awaiting AOR while I got an ITA for EE yesterday.

Appreciate you for an advice!

yiyiyi

Feb 26, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if I could apply PR under both Express Entry and PNP at the same time. I think I am eligible for the CEC program except the IELTS certificate. I am going to take the English test next week. If I get the desired result, I am going to create the Express Entry profile and choose the CEC program.
I also realized that I have meet the requirements of the PEI PNP program. So I am thinking about doing both programs at the same time. Is it possible to do that? Why or why not?

Thanks
What if I received express entry invitation but my PNP has not been approved, should I cancel my PNP application?

ivananaa

Aug 24, 2020
What did you guys write in the PR application number section when I'm still waiting my AOR from the PNP paper-based application and I still haven't received any application number?

f01

Sep 6, 2019
What if I received express entry invitation but my PNP has not been approved, should I cancel my PNP application?
I would say no. I’m in the same boat. Then I got my provincial nomination. I’m still thinking if I apply to the paper. I did send an update to my EE application and attached the documents I received from the provincial nomination. An agent replied that they are going to forward it to the responsible office whatever that means. It appears from the comments in this thread that I have to pay double. And Express Entry is faster. So right now I’m leaning on not doing the paper anymore. See the actual response from the agent.

Congratulations on your nomination.

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following documents:

XXX

We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

Also, if you are applying to immigrate to Canada, there are many immigration categories available to you. Please note that the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) does not prohibit multiple applications*.

If an applicant has more than one application for permanent residence (APR) approved, the responsible office will advise them to choose the category/class under which they would like to be granted permanent resident status.

Once permanent resident status is granted, any other pending APR should be withdrawn and the applicant notified.

*For example, you may apply simultaneously for two different streams in the economic class (e.g., Federal Skilled Worker Class and Provincial Nominee Class).

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

EPHRAT

Jan 20, 2017
I received a non-express PNC a few weeks ago but didn't apply for the paper based PR. Meanwhile, I received an ITA in the CEC express entry. I would like to proceed with the CEC EE but there is a question that asks if I have PNC? should I say yes or no?
Also,, if my EE application doesn't go well, can I still apply for the paper based PNP as the The PNC is still valid for another 5 months?

Last edited:

RoTaBl

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I received a non-express PNC a few weeks ago but didn't apply for the paper based PR. Meanwhile, I received an ITA in the CEC express entry. I would like to proceed with the CEC EE but there is a question that asks if I have PNC? should I say yes or no?
Also,, if my EE application doesn't go well, can I still apply for the paper based PNP as the The PNC is still valid for another 5 months?
Say no to having PNC because it is likely your PNP is not eligible for EE.
Yes, for sure, but you can expect to pay the processing fee the second time.

EPHRAT

Jan 20, 2017
Say no to having PNC because it is likely your PNP is not eligible for EE.
Yes, for sure, but you can expect to pay the processing fee the second time.
Thank you very much for your help! Does it be considered negatively (as misrepresentation) when I say no, when I actually have the PNC.
Yes, the PNC is not associated with the express entry and will not add any point on the EE.

shashibhushan86

Nov 4, 2019
Hi All,

I wanted to ask if it is advisable or possible to apply for PNP even in case someone has FSWO-EE application approved (as per GCMS) and waiting for PPR?
What are the risks if any involved here? Can this lead to rejection of any or both FSW and PNP applications?
FSWO-EE AOR: Dec 2019
VO: Ottawa
FSWO-EE application approved since Oct 2020
I understand many people will ask why apply for PNP if FSW profile is approved already however given the situation, I am not very hopeful about the future of FSWO and since I did masters from Canadian university, I only have 3 years to apply for a PNP program that's why. I re-did my IELTS and waiting for the result so I will be all set to apply for PNP.

Thanks in advance