+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could I apply for PR under both Express Entry and PNP at the same time?

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
hi
i applied for Paper based PR and EE. i just got an email notification to pay my RPRF for my paper based PR. i already paid for my RPRF For my EE application. Are you saying that CIC confirmed that they will refund the RPRF for one of my application once approved?
yes, they will take 8 weeks. I don't care about that though. I can give 500$ more rather than going home

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
Hey man, How did you solve this?
I got my medical exam for EE, and I want to re-use it for the paper-based application.
Did you just send them by mail without receiving the medical request?
Hi, Yes I just sent CSE. Keep me posted when it says passed for you please. I am still waiting and its been more than 15 days

Aug 25, 2017
Hi, Yes I just sent CSE. Keep me posted when it says passed for you please. I am still waiting and its been more than 15 days
Thanks! Sure, I'll keep you updated, after all we're on the same boat.
We should not think about it (I know it's hard) because the timetable varies a lot from case to case, most of cases I've seen took approximately 3 months to show the results

rohansuresh2001

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Hi All,

I am SINP OID applicant. My paper based application is in progress. My wife is including as a dependent in my application.

My wife qualifies for express entry. I plan to create express entry profile with my wife as primary applicant and me as a dependent.

Will CIC consider the express entry profile as a separate application or will consider it as a duplicate application? Or should I cancel my paper based application once I receive ITA for express entry profile?

Please suggest.

Aug 25, 2017
Hi All,

I am SINP OID applicant. My paper based application is in progress. My wife is including as a dependent in my application.

My wife qualifies for express entry. I plan to create express entry profile with my wife as primary applicant and me as a dependent.

Will CIC consider the express entry profile as a separate application or will consider it as a duplicate application? Or should I cancel my paper based application once I receive ITA for express entry profile?

Please suggest.
You applied PNP paper based in march and got a medical passed in September???
Your application is going pretty fast, we all have been waiting for ours for over a year without any medical request.

If I were you I'd wait a bit more before doing any EE application, it's going to cost you another 2000$, you will only reimburse half of it (approx.) for, maybe, nothing.

Aug 25, 2017
Today I gor my mediacal for Paper based one. Although I submitted my medical upfront in sptember
Ok, Last week I got a request to pay the RPRF for my paper based application (I thought I had paid, but both process are equally expensive), minutes after I paid it, I got an e-mail from Ottawa, it was a PPR from the EE application!
Lol, It's almost like Sydney and Ottawa offices are disputing who takes my RPRF...

Reactions: Harve

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
Ok, Last week I got a request to pay the RPRF for my paper based application (I thought I had paid, but both process are equally expensive), minutes after I paid it, I got an e-mail from Ottawa, it was a PPR from the EE application!
Lol, It's almost like Sydney and Ottawa offices are disputing who takes my RPRF...
lol Haha,, Congratulations. you will not be a stressed person anymore. :)
Could you please tell me your timeline for both again bud?.

Aug 25, 2017
lol Haha,, Congratulations. you will not be a stressed person anymore. :)
Could you please tell me your timeline for both again bud?.
Thanks a lot man! Well, I'll only not be a stressed person only when all this shit is done.
I got my AOR for PNP paper based on October of 2016, and my AOR for EE on October this year, it took 3 weeks to get my medical passed on EE, 1 week after that I got medical passed for PNP as well (I haven't even submitted my medical to PNP), another week after that I got a request for RPRF from the PNP and the PPR from EE almost simultaneously. So, PNP is still on going 13 months after i started the process and EE took 1 month and 2 weeks.
I don't know why exactly it was so fast, maybe because I had quite a high score (533)? Or maybe because I got fixed job? Or maybe because I got in the canadian experience stream (I 've heard this stream is a bit faster?)

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
Thanks a lot man! Well, I'll only not be a stressed person only when all this shit is done.
I got my AOR for PNP paper based on October of 2016, and my AOR for EE on October this year, it took 3 weeks to get my medical passed on EE, 1 week after that I got medical passed for PNP as well (I haven't even submitted my medical to PNP), another week after that I got a request for RPRF from the PNP and the PPR from EE almost simultaneously. So, PNP is still on going 13 months after i started the process and EE took 1 month and 2 weeks.
I don't know why exactly it was so fast, maybe because I had quite a high score (533)? Or maybe because I got fixed job? Or maybe because I got in the canadian experience stream (I 've heard this stream is a bit faster?)
its that you lucky brother. I am earning alomst 100k+ and A level permanent job in TD and still screwewd for cec

willxclusive

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Hi All,

Please suggest.
Hi Rohan,
I am in the same boat with you buddy. I applied for my PNP paper based in July 17 alongside my wife & received AOR in Sept 17, since then, I haven't heard back from them. My wife is qualified for ee as primary applicant, so I called CIC to know our options. The officer said she's eligible to apply for PR through ee if she receives ITA and can list me me as dependant this time, without conflict & I can also have my PR processing fee refunded if i cancel the PNP application before processing begins. But how would know if PNP PR processing hasn't began when applying for ee?