+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could be a SNAFU?

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
While my oath invite has been announced on Ecas...I still haven't got the brown envelope. They said they sent a notice on the 17th, it is now the 20th and usually it takes two days for snail mail to get to me from Edmonton.

While I know that I can take a copy of my ECas and show them at the venue that I have been invited, What do I have to bring to the ceremony? and if that invite has a form I must fill out, and I never get the letter with the extra form in the mail, do they give me the form at the venue or will that make them angry and delay my oath further?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
ERJOPA said:
While my oath invite has been announced on Ecas...I still haven't got the brown envelope. They said they sent a notice on the 17th, it is now the 20th and usually it takes two days for snail mail to get to me from Edmonton.

While I know that I can take a copy of my ECas and show them at the venue that I have been invited, What do I have to bring to the ceremony? and if that invite has a form I must fill out, and I never get the letter with the extra form in the mail, do they give me the form at the venue or will that make them angry and delay my oath further?
This thread should give you all the info you need :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/request-for-oath-letter-info-t382729.0.html;msg4786628#msg4786628

In the case you do not get the letter they will provide you with the necessary papers at the OATH office. One will be the Prohibitions form and the other form usually you get in mail is the consent form so that CIC can use your image or any video taken during the OATH ceremony.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ERJOPA said:

May be they created the letter that day but did not send it on the same day. Normally, it takes 2 days for me too, but the test invite and the oath invite both took 6 days to receive. And remember, it is getting closer to the holiday season and every year the mails get delayed and/or lost. You will receive the letter sooner or later but if you dont for any reason then follow the thread posted samreentariq above.