+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

correction/change of date of birth

aiman.b

Nov 26, 2015
Hi,

I was born in 18/10/1991. when had my passport from back home, there was an error in my date of birth, as it was written 08/10/1991 instead of 18/10/1991.
and when I came to Canada i had my landing paper and the pr card with the incorrect date based on date of birth on my passport. Last week I got my new passport but with the correct date of birth “18/10/1991’’ and now i want to have my correct date of birth on my pr card. I’ve done my researches and called the CIC many times but didn’t find the solution for my issue.

my questions here are:

1- how to reissue my pr card with my correct date of birth based on my new passport?

2- is it ok to apply for the US visa while having a different date of birth between my passport and pr card?

plz help :'(

Oki911

Feb 18, 2016
I'm surprised that noone offered any information. Did you call the CIC on their main number, and got a hold of an agent? An agent should be able to help you. There is a specific form that you can fill out that requests a correction. The card must have been issued to you less than 60 days ago. You'll have to enclose the actual prcard. Not a photo copy but the actual card. Plus evidence of your identity that shows your correct birth date. Provide multiple pieces of id that supports that, like your initial passport that you used when you first entered canada (just copies), and if applicable, the latest passport. Perhaps a copy of your driver's license if you have one. That way, CIC can see that your birthday is incorrect on your prcard, but correct everywhere else. They will then re-print a corrected card very quickly. They do this quickly if it is a mistake that *they* made.

zadco

Jun 15, 2017
hi, i have the same with the PrpR and COPR of ly daughter she was born in 2004-02-12 and the PR and COPR is issued wirb DOB 2004-02-18. Please assist.

zadco

Jun 15, 2017
Hi,

I was born in 18/10/1991. when had my passport from back home, there was an error in my date of birth, as it was written 08/10/1991 instead of 18/10/1991.
and when I came to Canada i had my landing paper and the pr card with the incorrect date based on date of birth on my passport. Last week I got my new passport but with the correct date of birth “18/10/1991’’ and now i want to have my correct date of birth on my pr card. I’ve done my researches and called the CIC many times but didn’t find the solution for my issue.

my questions here are:

1- how to reissue my pr card with my correct date of birth based on my new passport?

2- is it ok to apply for the US visa while having a different date of birth between my passport and pr card?

Hi I have the same problem with my daughter PR and COPR. She was born on 2004-02-12 and the PR and COPR have DOB as 2004-02-18. Please advise how younhave resolved your problem. Thanks

Ayobamade19

Jan 18, 2020
Good day all, i have the same issue of different year of birth on my passport and COPR. My passport has 29/06/1992 at the time of applying for PR status which is same on my COPR but now i have amended the passport to read 29/06/1993 and want to correct same on my COPR. Please, was anybody able to get their COPR amended and re-issued with the new DOB??? Was it a successful process and How did you go about it?

Thanks for the feedback

Reactions: brenique

Ayobamade19

Jan 18, 2020
Hi,

my questions here are:

Hi Aiman, were you able to make amendment on your COPR? How did you go about it and was it a successful process?

Ayobamade19

Jan 18, 2020
Hi I have the same problem with my daughter PR and COPR. She was born on 2004-02-12 and the PR and COPR have DOB as 2004-02-18. Please advise how younhave resolved your problem. Thanks
Hi Zadco, were you able to make the amendment on your COPR? How did you go about it and was it a successful process?

ayah99

Sep 20, 2021
Hi,

my questions here are:

I am facing same issue, I have been trying to make a change since 3 years please let me know if you figured a way??

ayah99

Sep 20, 2021
I'm surprised that noone offered any information. Did you call the CIC on their main number, and got a hold of an agent? An agent should be able to help you. There is a specific form that you can fill out that requests a correction. The card must have been issued to you less than 60 days ago. You'll have to enclose the actual prcard. Not a photo copy but the actual card. Plus evidence of your identity that shows your correct birth date. Provide multiple pieces of id that supports that, like your initial passport that you used when you first entered canada (just copies), and if applicable, the latest passport. Perhaps a copy of your driver's license if you have one. That way, CIC can see that your birthday is incorrect on your prcard, but correct everywhere else. They will then re-print a corrected card very quickly. They do this quickly if it is a mistake that *they* made.

I have the same issue but the mistake was made on my passport for back home now I have my PRC with same Wong DOB I have tied calling them emailing them but nothing worked, can you please guide me in what else I could do?

ayah99

Sep 20, 2021
Good day all, i have the same issue of different year of birth on my passport and COPR. My passport has 29/06/1992 at the time of applying for PR status which is same on my COPR but now i have amended the passport to read 29/06/1993 and want to correct same on my COPR. Please, was anybody able to get their COPR amended and re-issued with the new DOB??? Was it a successful process and How did you go about it?

Thanks for the feedback

hi, please reply me if you figured a way in correcting it?

mittsu

Jun 20, 2017
In my 3 rd renewal passport DOB was wrongly mentioned as 19.05.1955 instead of 29.05.1955. Canada visa was issued as per wrong DOB.. Last year I approached the passport office and got the date corrected( New passport with correct DOB). NEW PASSPORT SHOWS 29.05.1955 correctly, WHILE EARLIER Cancelled PASSPORT AND VISA SHOWS 19.05.1955.Visa is valud till 2027. HOW DO I GET THIS CORRECTED BEFORE TRAVELLING TO CANADA. PLEASE SUGGEST. REGARDS, MITTRA-PHONE- 9830203990

owoyele1

Jan 3, 2021
In my 3 rd renewal passport DOB was wrongly mentioned as 19.05.1955 instead of 29.05.1955. Canada visa was issued as per wrong DOB.. Last year I approached the passport office and got the date corrected( New passport with correct DOB). NEW PASSPORT SHOWS 29.05.1955 correctly, WHILE EARLIER Cancelled PASSPORT AND VISA SHOWS 19.05.1955.Visa is valud till 2027. HOW DO I GET THIS CORRECTED BEFORE TRAVELLING TO CANADA. PLEASE SUGGEST. REGARDS, MITTRA-PHONE- 9830203990
please
how were you able to resolve this?

Sep 7, 2023
please
Did you problem resolved?
I also have similar issue. My passport in which the Canada Work Permit has been stamped is having wrong DOB whereas I have corrected all other documents as per the birth certificate. Can someone suggests whether will there be any problem while applying for PR?

Sep 7, 2023
please
Did your problem resolved?
I also have similar issue. My passport in which the Canada Work Permit has been stamped is having wrong DOB whereas I have corrected all other documents as per the birth certificate. Can someone suggests whether will there be any problem while applying for PR?