+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus & Visa Expiry

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
I am in the similar scenario, my visa expires on 9th May, i booked a flight for April 14th from Del to Toronto via Turkey and airlines cancelled my flight from Turkey to Toronto yesterday and the flight from Del to Turkey is still confirmed (don't understand the sense of cancelling half of it). I am unable to connect with them for refund as they are not attending people who do not have flights within next 24 hrs and when I checked for other flights options, they are all now super expensive and flights with stops are either through Europe (Germany,London, Norway,Poland) Asia (Hongkong, Japan) or US and none of them are allowing intakes (m sure it applies to transit cases as well). I just don't understand what to do next. Also India has put restrictions on travel, then should I even book another flight until everything settles down? It makes no sense to me to travel at this time, Canada government should offer extension instead. And even if we fly to Canada somehow, who will offer us a house on rent? We need to isolate ourselves for 14 days.

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
The self-isolating part is the more worrying thing. New country and even before we figure out things we are going to be locked down.
Absolutely. It was better that we (COPR holders) were not exempted. An extension at this hour is the best option for everyone. India's condition is better than Canada (atleast right now), and above that everything is so unpredictable, i am not even sure which flight will be allowed to fly after few days. Will we keep cancelling and asking for refunds!? And what about accommodation, when i don't even know precisely when I am going to fly.

Reactions: Adam261

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
The self-isolating part is the more worrying thing. New country and even before we figure out things we are going to be locked down.
When is your COPR expiring? and what are your plans? When are you flying and what have you done for stay?

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
my COPR EXPIRY IS 1ST APRIL

i cant sleeep - i cant travel - i am screwed - i am sad - i am suffering

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018

where are you from? have you booked a flight yet? if so, then i hope it is not in this week atleast, because the exemption for COPRs will take a week to come in effect and that will be somewhere around Mar 28th.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

People dying of COVID-19 and their families are suffering. You will be able to get your COPR extended and travel later.

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I am living in Qatar - I hope they give us a substantial confirmation about extensions.

I cant travel in this atmosphere . I will be denied my access back to Qatar and loose my residency ( true ) here
and what about jobs , housing , etc in Canada in this atmosphere

MariaBR

Aug 25, 2019
I have a similar situation. I am waiting on my Provincial Nomination while working in Canada with a temporary work permit that expires by the end of April. I am not sure if I should stay in Canada or leave if the time comes when my work permit expires.

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Dear All,

I got my PR in Oct with first landing expiry date of April 22 , 2020. Ive booked tickets and accomodation for 9th April and that is when I plan to leave. I am from Pakistan and today first two cases of corona virus have been confirmed.

My question is, what if borders get sealed due to corona virus spread and I cant do the landing before expiry of my visa? Can I get some help
Hi, according to the updated exceptions from travel ban to enter canada, people with COPRs are allowed to enter. However with airlines cancelling all the flights, i am not sure how this exception is going to help us. My COPR expires on may 9th and airlines has cancelled my April 14th ticket. I am from india and we have a restriction here that we can't fly. I am not sure what do we do. How can i book a flight again when there are restrictions and you never know which flight carrier will cancel your ticket at what point.. What's the point of these exceptions? They should put an update on extension instead. I don't even want to fly in a situation like this. Above that, the flights are ridiculously expensive now.
What are you planning to do now?

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
What's the point of these exceptions?
So true...I am trying to build my trip at the moment, provided that my country lifts travel ban after 15th of April and Canada's exemptions regarding COPR will have come into effect by that time, there are no flights for me except transit in India, because all other transit countries are closed for indefinite period.
I see, you guys, have a dirrect flight from Delhi to Toronto operated by Air India. Do you usually use this airline? 15hrs flight - wow! All the prices are in INR, I wonder if I can buy a ticket, as I only have USD on my card.

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I see, you guys, have a dirrect flight from Delhi to Toronto operated by Air India. Do you usually use this airline? 15hrs flight - wow! All the prices are in INR, I wonder if I can buy a ticket, as I only have USD on my card.
It is actually operated by Air Canada and not AI and the journey time is around 14.5 hours. You can definitely buy a ticket using USD. For best rates why don't you used skyscanner and then it would redirect you to a vendor!

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
When is your COPR expiring? and what are your plans? When are you flying and what have you done for stay?
My CoPR is expiring in June, so I've got time to wait and watch - but it still does not feel rosy.
I was hoping to fly in mid-May, but now I think 1st week of June. I've got an open ticket with BA so dates are flexible.

However, biggest concern is the 14 day quarantine after landing in CAN. I've got 2 year twins as well!