+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus threat to Travel , COPR expires on 24th April 2020

nioero

Feb 18, 2019
Just received the email from HK office today:

”The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. Please note that your medical validity has been extended. You must complete the following steps within 90 days in order for our office to re-issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa with new validity (ie. valid to 2020/09/30).“

The COPR expired on April 5th.

Good luck everyone!

Roger Heeralal

Mar 18, 2020

”The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. Please note that your medical validity has been extended. You must complete the following steps within 90 days in order for our office to re-issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa with new validity (ie. valid to 2020/09/30).“

Good luck everyone!
Thats great news bro.thank you very much for sharing your good news

FatemahPK

Jun 19, 2019

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations!! Thanks alot for sharing this news with us.
Without revealing any personal information, could you please elaborate what is meant by "...You must complete the following steps within 90 days ...." like what steps are you supposed to complete?

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

Good luck everyone!
U are from which country?U applied to ircc canada?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018

Good luck everyone!
Congrats.It Brings positivity in others

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019

Good luck everyone!
Congratulation. Thats great News. Could you please share the steps to complete within 90 days.
Is your application processed at HK ? I am worried as my COPR expired on 23rd April and I want to travel as lock down lift in India. Thanks.

Last edited:

Gayathri Neelakandan

Apr 6, 2020

Good luck everyone!
Congrats can you please elaborate what you need to complete within 90 days

nehapsha

Mar 17, 2020

Good luck everyone!
hi when did you apply for extension before 5 april or after it?? pls reply it is imp

nioero

Feb 18, 2019
Okay guys.

Next step for my parents is to re send the passports for the new PR visa which will be valid till the end of September 2020. They have 90 days to send the passports.
Their cases are processed in HongKong office but they reside in China.
The inquiry was sent to HK office before COPR expired. It took almost a month and a half to get a response.
I think IRCC sent another email to all potential PR a couple days ago with clear instruction. Hope this helps.

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
Okay guys.

Next step for my parents is to re send the passports for the new PR visa which will be valid till the end of September 2020. They have 90 days to send the passports.
Their cases are processed in HongKong office but they reside in China.
The inquiry was sent to HK office before COPR expired. It took almost a month and a half to get a response.
I think IRCC sent another email to all potential PR a couple days ago with clear instruction. Hope this helps.
Thanks and all the best. keep us informing when they got their passport back.

madhav_91

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Hi , Does that mean we are getting extensions for only 90 days. My wife has medical surveillance of 2.02 . Does that mean she will have redo her medicals if I apply for extension of COPR ?