+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus Effects on Travelling (Risk of missing landing date)

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Which country are you from? I am from India and Govt. has issued an advisory to refrain from travelling to France, Germany and Spain. Not sure if just a transit is banned as well. Even more scary now. How do you plan to handle?
When are you travelling. I am travelling to Canada via Frankfurt

laleona

Dec 10, 2018
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
12-10-2018
I think even people without landing dates share your concerns. My husband has to travel from Cuba to Trinidad and Tobago next week for an interview. I am not keen on him travelling during this pandemic - and I wonder if by the time he gets his visa there will be extensive travel bans.

JNS1214

Star Member
Mar 19, 2019
There are direct flights from Delhi and Mumbai, to Toronto but they'll cost you almost double.
Thanks. There is no direct flight to Toronto from Mumbai in the month of April. There is uncertainity about the most of the Airlines flight should I book the ticket now or wait for few days.

Marja8

Aug 30, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
When did she do her medical? COPR landing is based on medicals expiry. If COPRs are extended medicals may need to be redone to make sure the person has not become medically inadmissible.
She passed medical on June 2019. That's right option is to redo medical. I'm just not sure if we received her passport back with COPR and due to rapid changes of this pandemic couldn't fly, if they would still accommodate the request of a new medical to extend instead of re-processing application. I'll see what they have to say. I wish there isn't any due date or maybe give longer expiry date at this point so everyone can calm down and take their time without getting stress out and taking risk to travel. We'll see how it goes in the coming days.

Vertig0

May 4, 2018
Same situation. My father's medical and visa expires on March 26 and he was to travel on 17th.

We have decided not to take risk and he won't be traveling. He is 80 plus and at high risk of getting the virus. Not worth the risk.

I have filled out the web form asking for options but no reply yet.

It is what it is. Let's see. It would suck off they ask to do medical again

Country Pakistan

Reactions: Marja8

dream_on_7

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
I think we are officially in unchartered territory and no one should even think of travelling at this point.April 22nd copr expiry-will be writing to IRCC

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If people have waited until the last minute to land I guess it will be a calculated risk. One of the reasons people shouldn’t wait until the last weeks to land. Those who are not in the risk group like elderly or immunocompromised should still be planning on flying and expect quarantine either in Canada or in their home country. Those doing soft landing should consider flying and returning to their home country without leaving the airport.

Reactions: Islander216

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I really caution people deciding not to travel, unless IRCC explicitly states they are going to provide an extension as they have for people from/in China, South Korea and Iran, i would still encourage you to land before the expiration of your COPR and PR Visa.

Don't assume you'll be provided an accommodation on landing, a lot of hard work could go down the drain.

Reactions: canuck78

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Thanks. There is no direct flight to Toronto from Mumbai in the month of April. There is uncertainity about the most of the Airlines flight should I book the ticket now or wait for few days.
You can take from Delhi. I see couple of direct flights from there.

psh

Feb 18, 2020
Hi Guys- my visa expires in August'2020. I was wondering if I should go get my soft landing done by April'2020 instead of keeping it last minute in case this escalates and gets worse (as several people suggested IRCC might not consider last minute applications). As per IRCC's notification every case will be reviewed and a decision for extension will be taken in 90 days which is a long time. Any thoughts?

Reactions: BillyWescott

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys- my visa expires in August'2020. I was wondering if I should go get my soft landing done by April'2020 instead of keeping it last minute in case this escalates and gets worse (as several people suggested IRCC might not consider last minute applications). As per IRCC's notification every case will be reviewed and a decision for extension will be taken in 90 days which is a long time. Any thoughts?
Personally think you have some time for things to hopefully settle down a bit. Really also depends on where you are coming from and whether you’ll be able to go into quarantine based on your current schedule. If is really a personal choice. You have quite a lot of time left.