+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copy of Express Entry candidacy from IRCC - BC PNP - EEBC

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to obtain Copy of Express Entry candidacy from IRCC ? I never received anything like that. I have created an express entry in the past which is currently active..

Thanks !

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

You can find these numbers in a message on your MyCIC account. To find it:

1. Log into your MyCIC account,
2. Go to the heading called "View my submitted applications or profiles,"
3. Click on "Check status and messages,"
4. Scroll down to the table called “Correspondence,”
5. Click on the arrow in front of the message – it will open a drop-down menu with a link,
6. Click on the link to open the PDF message.

Cheers.

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
yansenwong said:
Hello,

You can find these numbers in a message on your MyCIC account. To find it:

1. Log into your MyCIC account,
2. Go to the heading called "View my submitted applications or profiles,"
3. Click on "Check status and messages,"
4. Scroll down to the table called “Correspondence,”
5. Click on the arrow in front of the message – it will open a drop-down menu with a link,
6. Click on the link to open the PDF message.

Cheers.
Thanks for the detailed steps. There are two messages in my correspondences :
1) Welcome to Express Entry
2) Express Entry profile received - Next Steps - JobBank

The PDF from the 2) has both express entry profile number and job seeker code in it, however 1) only has EE profile number, but no job seeker code. However, it seems like 1) is the actual confirmation and not 2). However, if I am to quote the exact wordings from the technical guide for EEBC -

"Nominee applicants who qualify as Express Entry
candidates must submit clear, scanned copies of proof of candidacy from IRCC as a PDF.
Documentation must include the nominee applicant’s name, Express Entry Profile Number, and Job
Seeker Validation Code. "

So it seems like the provided document should include both EE number and job seeker code in the same document. So I am wondering if I didn't receive something which other people might have.

Thanks again.

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zedd4x said:
Thanks for the detailed steps. There are two messages in my correspondences :
1) Welcome to Express Entry
2) Express Entry profile received - Next Steps - JobBank

The PDF from the 2) has both express entry profile number and job seeker code in it, however 1) only has EE profile number, but no job seeker code. However, it seems like 1) is the actual confirmation and not 2). However, if I am to quote the exact wordings from the technical guide for EEBC -

"Nominee applicants who qualify as Express Entry
candidates must submit clear, scanned copies of proof of candidacy from IRCC as a PDF.
Documentation must include the nominee applicant’s name, Express Entry Profile Number, and Job
Seeker Validation Code. "

So it seems like the provided document should include both EE number and job seeker code in the same document. So I am wondering if I didn't receive something which other people might have.

Thanks again.
You are right. This is a bit confusing. But I would just submit the document that has both information. Or we could merge 2 PDF files together and send them as 1 PDF file.
Regardless, I don't think it matters as long as you submit a document that has those 2 information since it is just for a validation that you have an express entry profile.

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
yansenwong said:
You are right. This is a bit confusing. But I would just submit the document that has both information. Or we could merge 2 PDF files together and send them as 1 PDF file.
Regardless, I don't think it matters as long as you submit a document that has those 2 information since it is just for a validation that you have an express entry profile.
Yeah I have had my application returned for some minor things which totally made sense to me but were slightly different from what they asked. That makes me a bit wary about this. Currently, I am thinking about merging the PDFs as well. However, it is funny they ask to scan the document. I wonder if some people actually received a paper confirmation when they signed up for EE online ..

robingosh

Dec 14, 2015
So what is the solution? I am filling BC PNP - IPG Express Entry application as well and stuck in the Express Entry Candidancy Letter.

Should we just merge those two pdfs and upload it?

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Hello,

I stumbled upon the same issue and haven't been able to complete the application since this document is a required one. I created my express entry profile yesterday after realizing that I need it for PNP :p

I was actually thinking the same that I would upload the document 1 "Welcome to Express Entry" but yeah, merging both documents is not a bad idea.
However, I am not sure if this is the exact document that fulfills the requirement of the application...

At present the status of my express entry profile says "Pending additional criteria" and also the Job bank registration says "Pending" (even though I completed this registration). Do you guys know how long does this take to update.. I was assuming that once this Application/Profile status updates... I would receive this candidacy form but judging by the first post in this thread, that's not the case.

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
salkhan said:
Hello,

I stumbled upon the same issue and haven't been able to complete the application since this document is a required one. I created my express entry profile yesterday after realizing that I need it for PNP :p

I was actually thinking the same that I would upload the document 1 "Welcome to Express Entry" but yeah, merging both documents is not a bad idea.
However, I am not sure if this is the exact document that fulfills the requirement of the application...

At present the status of my express entry profile says "Pending additional criteria" and also the Job bank registration says "Pending" (even though I completed this registration). Do you guys know how long does this take to update.. I was assuming that once this Application/Profile status updates... I would receive this candidacy form but judging by the first post in this thread, that's not the case.

It should be fairly quick. It took me 1-2 business days if I remember correctly, but I didn't create it during a peak time such as now.

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
So I contacted PNP people, and they asked to combine the two messages in our express entry profile as a single document and submit that. which I already did.