Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
Hi All,

My husband had his visa stamped and is literally enroute now. Would he have received the COPR via email? We received a letter from CIC titled that "your visa appears to be ready" with instructions is that the same as the COPR? Does the COPR indicate on it that you have to bring it with you? Would it have come with the stamped Visa?

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your questions are just too unnecessary. Why not wait to receive the COPR and passport first ?

The COPR (Confirmation of permanent residence) is a separate document on it's own. He must travel with it alongside his passport.

You don't receive the COPR by e-mail.

Take not, he is not supposed to write anything on the COPR document; that will be done in the presence of an immigration officer at the point of landing.

Let him make sure all the information on it is correct.

basketballfan said:
Hi All,

My husband had his visa stamped and is literally enroute now. Would he have received the COPR via email? We received a letter from CIC titled that "your visa appears to be ready" with instructions is that the same as the COPR? Does the COPR indicate on it that you have to bring it with you? Would it have come with the stamped Visa?

Reactions: Argie2016

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Your question is confusing, is his passport stamped by his VO for the PR? Then I think he should have received the COPR with the return of his passport. It's a long piece of paper that is labeled "Confirmation of Permanent Residence" at the top.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Aquakitty said:
Your question is confusing, is his passport stamped by his VO for the PR? Then I think he should have received the COPR with the return of his passport. It's a long piece of paper that is labeled "Confirmation of Permanent Residence" at the top.
In fact, it's two sheets, one with a photo on it, and one without. If you don't know if you have it, you don't. You can't "land" without it.

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
November 2015
Okay thank you. Have been waiting through this process for a good two years was almost certain stamping of the passport was the last step but have been so busy didn't double check.

We sent his passport to VFS a vac centre and they stamped his passport with a VISA. It is unclear to me whether VFS would also issue him the COPR or whether it would come separately from the VO? He said he received all his documents but I forgot to ask him specifically what the documents said or looked like. All our correspondence with the VO has been via email, which is why I asked but yes I agree stupid question.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
basketballfan said:
Okay thank you. Have been waiting through this process for a good two years was almost certain stamping of the passport was the last step but have been so busy didn't double check.

We sent his passport to VFS a vac centre and they stamped his passport with a VISA. It is unclear to me whether VFS would also issue him the COPR or whether it would come separately from the VO? He said he received all his documents but I forgot to ask him specifically what the documents said or looked like. All our correspondence with the VO has been via email, which is why I asked but yes I agree stupid question.
See http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sample-of-copr-t202121.0.html;msg3116618#msg3116618

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
zardoz said:
In fact, it's two sheets, one with a photo on it, and one without. If you don't know if you have it, you don't. You can't "land" without it.
Really? My husband only received the one sheet, no photo. I know there are two different versions of the COPR, maybe the one for visa-req country has a photo?

And yes the COPR would have come with his passport.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Aquakitty said:
Really? My husband only received the one sheet, no photo. I know there are two different versions of the COPR, maybe the one for visa-req country has a photo?

And yes the COPR would have come with his passport.
It depends on the method of application and landing. Inland applications don't need the second sheet as they land in a CIC local office. Those doing outland applications receive two sheets. The photo sheet is retained by CBSA at the POE as part of the landing interview. The OP is in an outland process.

TintaTonti

Dec 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
See http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sample-of-copr-t202121.0.html;msg3116618#msg3116618

Why it's mentioned Not Valid For Travel on COPR? Does it mean Visa rejected or this is mentioned on all COPR?

Edin2Van

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2015
Doc's Request.
20-08-2015
AOR Received.
SA 15-04-2015
TintaTonti said:
Why it's mentioned Not Valid For Travel on COPR? Does it mean Visa rejected or this is mentioned on all COPR?
It's on all COPRs. It just means that the COPR alone isn't a valid document for travel - it must be accompanied by a passport when travelling.

TintaTonti

Dec 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Edin2Van said:
It's on all COPRs. It just means that the COPR alone isn't a valid document for travel - it must be accompanied by a passport when travelling.
Thanks for clarification

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
November 2015
Thank you for this! That screenshot is helpful.

The COPR document came with his passport w/ Visa from VFS. He had gone to the Canadian Embassy before leaving and they told him to "make sure he brings this document and keep it in his records upon arrival" thus he had it on his person at the airport. So I was the one freaking out while he was in the air and he had it all sorted out (like usual). We had to use the COPR to get his SIN.

Servy

Nov 21, 2016
Thnks guys for the thread of infos.
I hve ine silky question being new to the system.
What's the process post receiving an email for passport stamping?
Also the email is being sent to pricipal applicant and not dependat (spouse) applicant, what does that mean only principal applicant needs to submit its passport or dependant also needs to with the same mail?

C

Classic Chucks

Thnks guys for the thread of infos.
I hve ine silky question being new to the system.
What's the process post receiving an email for passport stamping?
Also the email is being sent to pricipal applicant and not dependat (spouse) applicant, what does that mean only principal applicant needs to submit its passport or dependant also needs to with the same mail?
If the dependant is included in the app and accompanying, then yes. There should be a line there that says:
  • Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.

Last edited by a moderator:

Servy

Nov 21, 2016
Nothing as such is mentioned in the email, but yes dependent applicant is accompaning the principal applicant.
What should be done, should i visit VFS office
If the dependant is included in the app and accompanying, then yes. There should be a line there that says:
  • Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.
thing as such is mentioned.