+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR validity

sam_99

Dec 2, 2018
Hello,

I have sponsored my wife last year and she received her COPR and Visa to land. Her COPR validity is until next month.

She recently gave birth to baby in December 2019 and was unable to land in Canda, since she was carrying and not recommended to travel, she is currently recovering from the delivery and needs 2-3 months of rest and planning to land in April or May 2019.

Please advise on how to renew or extend the COPR validity and include the new born baby girl as a dependent

Thank you in advance

fjle

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Sorry but I don't think it's possible to extend her COPR, as for adding the baby I'm not sure

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I have sponsored my wife last year and she received her COPR and Visa to land. Her COPR validity is until next month.

She recently gave birth to baby in December 2019 and was unable to land in Canda, since she was carrying and not recommended to travel, she is currently recovering from the delivery and needs 2-3 months of rest and planning to land in April or May 2019.

Please advise on how to renew or extend the COPR validity and include the new born baby girl as a dependent

Thank you in advance
Assuming you are a PR and the child must be sponsored, send a Webform to update about the birth and add the child. Your wife will have to return the COPR/visa. Expect 3-4 months additional processing time to add the child.

If you are a Canadian citizen, the child is Canadian and not included in the app. You can try to beg IRCC to extend the COPR but they are under no obligation to do so. A woman is perfectly capable of flying within a few months of giving birth.

RajTN

Jan 13, 2021
Hi, I have received PPR letter today Dec-2 and my dependents are outside Canada. One of my dependent medical is valid only till this month 22 December 2021. What will be the COPR validity and will it affect the Visa validity also? Shall I proceed sending passport for stamping via 2way courier. Please share your thoughts.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, I have received PPR letter today Dec-2 and my dependents are outside Canada. One of my dependent medical is valid only till this month 22 December 2021. What will be the COPR validity and will it affect the Visa validity also? Shall I proceed sending passport for stamping via 2way courier. Please share your thoughts.
Does the passport request letter say what the validity will be? Read it again to be sure.

If it's not there, no-one knows. I'd suggest submit and see what you get. As far as I'm aware, IRCC usually tries to check that the COPR will be valid for at least some period of time - and in your case would likely only be for a week or two.

IRCC also sometimes automatically (on their own that is) will try to extend validity of meds - again, to give applicants enough time to travel. Cases I've seen, this is usualy three months or more.

You can try to contact the visa office and ask, of course, But I'd be inclined to get ready to send the passports and deal with it as things go along and not wait to send them.

Good lukc.

RajTN

Jan 13, 2021
Does the passport request letter say what the validity will be? Read it again to be sure.

If it's not there, no-one knows. I'd suggest submit and see what you get. As far as I'm aware, IRCC usually tries to check that the COPR will be valid for at least some period of time - and in your case would likely only be for a week or two.

IRCC also sometimes automatically (on their own that is) will try to extend validity of meds - again, to give applicants enough time to travel. Cases I've seen, this is usualy three months or more.

You can try to contact the visa office and ask, of course, But I'd be inclined to get ready to send the passports and deal with it as things go along and not wait to send them.

Good lukc.

Thanks for your reply.

Letter did not say about any validity. they asked to submit the package with in 21 days. Sure. I will send passport and see. Hopefully should have enough time to travel.

Ritz1988

Nov 14, 2021
I am also in same boat. My spouse medical is going to expire on 11th JAN and I have received RFV today.
Please keep me posted once you receive passport back with stamp