+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR Validity date

Mar 8, 2020
Please find my timeline below:

AOR - March 26 2019
Medicals Done - March 13 2019
Medicals passed - May 7 2019
PPR - Feb 28 2020

I am an outland applicant from USA. I was not asked to get remedicals done but got PPR. Want to know what would be the validity of my Copr if i send my passport this week?

Can i request to get the validity extended?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

AOR - March 26 2019
PPR - Feb 28 2020

I am an outland applicant from USA. I was not asked to get remedicals done but got PPR. Want to know what would be the validity of my Copr if i send my passport this week?

Validity will likely be extended for a year. You don't request an extension.

If you are American, you don't send your actual passport.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

AOR - March 26 2019
PPR - Feb 28 2020

COPR validity is usually the day before your medicals expire. You should know this based on when you took your medicals. However, if they were extended, I would not know for how long they are usually extended, but according to a conversation I had with an IRCC agent this is variable.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
COPR validity is usually the day before your medicals expire. You should know this based on when you took your medicals. However, if they were extended, I would not know for how long they are usually extended, but according to a conversation I had with an IRCC agent this is variable.
Medical extensions are pretty much always a year.

Mar 8, 2020
How can i have a conversation with IRCC agent?

Mar 8, 2020
Does the medicals expire on the day the test is taken or on the day test is passed?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Does the medicals expire on the day the test is taken or on the day test is passed?
The day you visited the panel physician, that's why it's advisable to do this as close as possible to the actual date when you'll be submitting your final application.

How can i have a conversation with IRCC agent?
+1888-242-2100 from within Canada (or through Skype or similar from outside)... you'll most likely have to hold for at least 25-40 mins in my experience.

Most likely to get through between Wednesday and Friday.

Ritz1988

Nov 14, 2021

AOR - March 26 2019
PPR - Feb 28 2020

Can you update what validity you rceived in passport ?