+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
My family and my medical was done in December 2020 and I heard that it is applicable for a year. As my PR decision (AOR Jan 2021) is still pending, do I need to ask IRCC to extend the validity of these medical exams?
If yes what is the process to get them extended by IRCC?

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
My family and my medical was done in December 2020 and I heard that it is applicable for a year. As my PR decision (AOR Jan 2021) is still pending, do I need to ask IRCC to extend the validity of these medical exams?
If yes what is the process to get them extended by IRCC?
You can get another upfront medical if you want. But the advice is generally just to wait until IRCC tells you what to do. They randomly seem to decide that some people need to get the medicals re-done. And for others, they decide to extend the old medicals. They don't always tell you straight away either. For example, I did my medicals in June 2020 so theoretically, they should have expired in June 2021 but they haven't contacted me to either request a re-med or to tell me they have extended them. But I've been told just to sit tight and await any potential further contact from IRCC.

Jana_M_Calgary

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Let me share our PR timeline, which may give a little bit of hope to others.

After 15 months and 6 days from AOR (July 22, 2020), our application got approved today, Oct 28, 2021. Canadian experience class. All in Canada.

A long and difficult journey. Lost a dream job in March 2021 when HR saw my Social Insurance Number starts with 9. Next day they fired me.

I looked up my CIC account several times a day. Multiply that by 15-plus months.I hope you all get PR earlier than you think.Details can be found below:

Review of eligibility
  • October 28, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • July 30, 2021 You passed the medical exam. (medical extended by IRCC after its expiry date. We had upfront medical exam before AOR)
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • October 8, 2020 Completed.
Background check
  • October 8, 2021 Your background check was completed. (We got 3 or 4 ghost updates since this date)
Final decision
  • October 28, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

Appreciate the forum support.

*** I wish IRCC counts our extra waiting time (after 6 months) for the PR toward Citizenship. In this case all the approved applicants would be equally treated. Hope a person deliver this message to the prime minister.

*** A quick question: How long we must be in Canada before applying for Citizenship? Note that I have got my PhD in Canada two years ago. Do they count those years toward Citizenship?

Thanks

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: shredder

Harleen Sehgal

Oct 25, 2021
July 2020 here and waiting for nothing 14 month. I`m praying daily to get decision for my application - no matter approved or declined... i want to finish this process.

Tired of covid and Afghan IRCC excuses, while threads with summer 2021 applicants full of applicants approved in 50 days. Medicino aiming to reach 400.000 PR immigrants this year instead of processing 2020.

Afghanistan refugees in priority for IRCC. Why the hell are they in priority instead of tax payers?? Maybe it is a good idea to give them temporary status and process as long as need AFTER EE applicants waiting for a year or more???

That seems crazy for me to see posts here in thread of 2018 year applicants - 2 of them applied same month in 2018 and one one them still waiting decision and other one is citizen. (not PR - already CITIZEN!!!) !!! Someone should be responsible for 3 years of processing - or give some explanations at least!!!!

I know that posting here will have no impact for my application, but i need to express emotions somewhere.
Apply for mandamus

Jana_M_Calgary

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Apply for mandamus
Thank you for that suggestion. I was thinking about this, but all our communication was through email of the company and they cut off my access to it before transferring those emails to my personal email. In reason of fire to EI they said that this person is not qualified!!!
I got totally depressed for a month while they lied and destroyed my resume.

stupidmoon

Oct 19, 2021

After 15 months and 6 days from AOR (July 22, 2020), our application got approved today, Oct 28, 2021. Canadian experience class. All in Canada.

A long and difficult journey. Lost a dream job in March 2021 when HR saw my Social Insurance Number starts with 9. Next day they fired me.

I looked up my CIC account several times a day. Multiply that by 15-plus months.I hope you all get PR earlier than you think.Details can be found below:

Review of eligibility
  • October 28, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
  • July 30, 2021 You passed the medical exam. (medical extended by IRCC after its expiry date. We had upfront medical exam before AOR)
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
  • October 8, 2021 Your background check was completed. (We got 3 or 4 ghost updates since this date)
Final decision
  • October 28, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

*** I wish IRCC counts our extra waiting time (after 6 months) for the PR toward Citizenship. In this case all the approved applicants would be equally treated. Hope a person deliver this message to the prime minister.

*** A quick question: How long we must be in Canada before applying for Citizenship? Note that I have got my PhD in Canada two years ago. Do they count those years toward Citizenship?

Thanks
I REALLY feel happy for you! Finally you get what you deserve, congratulations! I hope there will be no more painful waiting like this in your future wonderful life.

Reactions: Jana_M_Calgary

Indianna

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Anyone received COPR this week or last week?

If yes, please share YYY digits of your COPR number here in this thread. This will help other members to guess their wait time, based on what is their COPR # in GCMS notes.

T602 YYY XXX

NOTE: you can find COPR # in GCMS notes, only if your application is Final-'Approved' And waiting for COPR
I did

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision

Thanks
Congratulations!!!

Reactions: Jana_M_Calgary

Jana_M_Calgary

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
AOR: 2020 April
Biometric: 2020 Oct
Medical Extended: 2021 June
eCOPR: 2021 Oct
Congratulations.
May I ask when and how you have received your ecopr?
Despite getting all emails from IRCC to do virtual landing and submitting photos, and even mailing PR card by IRCC to us, I have not received any document as ecopr!
Would it be on our cic account later on or I have to wait for a pdf file?
Thanks

funnisykes

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Congratulations.
May I ask when and how you have received your ecopr?
Despite getting all emails from IRCC to do virtual landing and submitting photos, and even mailing PR card by IRCC to us, I have not received any document as ecopr!
Would it be on our cic account later on or I have to wait for a pdf file?
Thanks
Any luck in getting access to client portal yet? What does Background check state on your profile ?

Jana_M_Calgary

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Any luck in getting access to client portal yet? What does Background check state on your profile ?
I got access to the client portal easily just two days after pr approval. However I did not know how/where to get/download the eCopr until I sent an email to IRCC. They replied in 5 minutes!! and told me just download the pdf file from my client portal. It was there (not the first page) since the pr approval, but I did not know.

Here is the answer to your question:

Background check
  • October 8, 2021 Your background check was completed.
Final decision

I truly hope you all get your pr as soon as possible, because I know how painful is to wait for it and check your cic account hourly.

Jaulakh

Dec 7, 2022
Hi guys , me and my hubby uploaded our photo and in canada declaration on October 18 , 2022 via pr card portal online Etobicoke office). No COPR till date