+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

n1i2k3

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Thanks, do you think her using my CoPR to submit her passport will work?
Definitely Not. Because my friend had same case like you. Her wife got her own Separate request letter then she submitted related documents and passport with that PPR request letter via 2- way courier service and after 5 to 6 days she got her copr and her stamped passport in returned courier.

Reactions: nwachuku

Sunilgopal1981

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Definitely Not. Because my friend had same case like you. Her wife got her own Separate request letter then she submitted related documents and passport with that PPR request letter via 2- way courier service and after 5 to 6 days she got her copr and her stamped passport in returned courier.
Hi,ur friend is inland applicant and his wife outland? And wats his aor?

Jana_M_Calgary

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Please excuse me to ask this question here, but you may have already gone through this while you're waiting for your final PR decision.
To extend an open Post-Graduation Work Permit, should we first apply for a visitor visa, or we can simply renew our work permit?
FYI: I am in Canada with a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Please excuse me to ask this question here, but you may have already gone through this while you're waiting for your final PR decision.
To extend an open Post-Graduation Work Permit, should we first apply for a visitor visa, or we can simply renew our work permit?
FYI: I am in Canada with a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).
You can just apply for Bowp. No need to apply for visitor visa. It's based on your pending PR application. So you need to upload your Application AOR file while applying to prove that you have an appication in process that has passed the r10.

Reactions: Jana_M_Calgary

Jana_M_Calgary

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
You can just apply for Bowp. No need to apply for visitor visa. It's based on your pending PR application. So you need to upload your Application AOR file while applying to prove that you have an appication in process that has passed the r10.
I'm grateful for your help. However, this is really bizarre, because when I try to apply online, my CIC account displays the following message. Not anywhere I can apply to renew my work permit.
Any idea?

---
Based on the information you provided, the result(s) below indicate(s) whether you may be eligible to come to Canada.
Temporary Resident Visa
You will need a temporary resident visa to return to Canada.
If you are working or studying in Canada, your temporary resident visa may expire at the same time as your work or study permit. If your work or study permit is expiring soon, please renew your study or work permit first. Once your study or work permit is approved, you may apply for your temporary resident visa.
---

ogcorp

Mar 8, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-12-2020
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
I'm grateful for your help. However, this is really bizarre, because when I try to apply online, my CIC account displays the following message. Not anywhere I can apply to renew my work permit.
Any idea?

---
Based on the information you provided, the result(s) below indicate(s) whether you may be eligible to come to Canada.
Temporary Resident Visa
You will need a temporary resident visa to return to Canada.
If you are working or studying in Canada, your temporary resident visa may expire at the same time as your work or study permit. If your work or study permit is expiring soon, please renew your study or work permit first. Once your study or work permit is approved, you may apply for your temporary resident visa.
---
You are answering the wizard wrong you have to select purpose of travel work and then for more than 6 months and when ask if you atudy select yes so it will trigger WP app

Reactions: Jana_M_Calgary

Jana_M_Calgary

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Those who have received their copr so quick, for example in 2-3 month;
Have you applied via a representative / immigration service offices, or your have done everything by yourself?

Majima

Star Member
May 21, 2021
North Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-09-2020
Hello. My application was approved on April 10 in the portal. Just talked to an agent on phone and he said that my local VO is Vancouver and they will be sending COPR document via email. Does anyone know how many days it might take to receive COPR from Vancouver visa office after getting approved in the portal?
Hi I’m in a similar situation- all info uploaded to the portal but haven’t received ecopr and the portal still says “in review with IRCC”.

Did you get any updates? And how long did it take from final DM to ecopr?

thank you in advance!

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Got COPR Finally after 1 year and 3 months!!

AOR: March 7, 2020
BIL: March 13, 2020
Eligibility and Security Passed: August 12, 2020
Biometrics done: Oct 13, 2020
Criminality Pass and Approved: April 24, 2021
Confirmation Portal email: May 28, 2021
Credentials Email: June 7, 2021
CIC portal status updated to Approved and PR Email: June 30, 2021

Best wishes to my Feb, March, and April 2020 buddies who are waiting for COPR still. it's coming for y’all pretty soon :)

Jana_M_Calgary

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020

Best wishes to my Feb, March, and April 2020 buddies who are waiting for COPR still. it's coming for y’all pretty soon :)
Congratulations. I am so happy for you.
Hope CIC deducts all those days you were waiting after their promised 6 month PR application process time for you toward the citizenship application.

Reactions: Dhan09 and JaxT

David1905

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014

Cỏngatulation :). Im just wondering
How did it take so long on some applications? Was this because of travel history that you traveled to some diffirent countries so it tooks time to clear the criminal check or what else reasons behind this. Do you have any idea?

Jana_M_Calgary

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Cỏngatulation :). Im just wondering
How did it take so long on some applications? Was this because of travel history that you traveled to some diffirent countries so it tooks time to clear the criminal check or what else reasons behind this. Do you have any idea?
COVID-19 is their excuse for everything.