+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

NeedInfoFromHere

Mar 2, 2021
1. You should inform IRCC now. Once you are issued a COPR, you become a pR and all other existing visas and permits are cancelled. You will need a PRTD to return to Canada. If you are not in Canada when you receive a COPR, you may end up getting a letter like this #157
2. Currently all VAC's in India are closed until further notice.

3. No, see 2

4. See above.

Thanks, @legalfalcon for the reply

So for the 1st point If I inform IRCC then what will happen to my PR will it be on hold until I get back to Canada and whether there will again background verification and eligibility check?

As the VAC in India is closed can I take the option of "If your VAC is closed, submit your PRTD application by email" from below link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks, @legalfalcon for the reply

So for the 1st point If I inform IRCC then what will happen to my PR will it be on hold until I get back to Canada and whether there will again background verification and eligibility check?

As the VAC in India is closed can I take the option of "If your VAC is closed, submit your PRTD application by email" from below link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada
It will be on hold until your re back. Lately, IRCC has been asking if you are in Canada before the cOPR is sent. If you are physically not in Canada, a COPR cannot be issued to you.

You will have to check the country specific instructions to apply for PRTD from the country you are in.

Reactions: NeedInfoFromHere

rjmani2007

Star Member
Mar 25, 2021
Got account approved today:

AOR: September 24, 2020
Biometrics: November 17, 2020
Background check: April 25, 2020
Eligibility: May 03
Received GU April, 23, 25 and May 01 and 02
VO: Ottawa

Didn't receive any call, waiting for COPR document

Good Luck Everyone!!
Congratulations...
I am same VO, how long from all stages passed to account approval?
I have got last ghost update on 27th April for Security and criminality passed.... no update from then...

anouk-M

Dec 25, 2019
Congratulations...
I am same VO, how long from all stages passed to account approval?
I have got last ghost update on 27th April for Security and criminality passed.... no update from then...
Eligibility was recommended pass on February 24, no ghost update until April 23

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
Got account approved today:

AOR: September 24, 2020
Biometrics: November 17, 2020
Background check: April 25, 2020
Eligibility: May 03
Received GU April, 23, 25 and May 01 and 02
VO: Ottawa

Didn't receive any call, waiting for COPR document

Good Luck Everyone!!
Congratulations. What is your NOC? Do you know your secondary VO?

Vinami

Jul 28, 2020
NOC is 1313 underwriter, from what I saw on my notes it's Nova scotia
Thank you. If you have your notes, would you please let me know your Officer code as well. It should be under Application Assignment on page 2 or 3. I have the same primary and secondary VO as yours.

Quinn0409

Apr 30, 2021
Hi,
Wonder if anyone has the same experience as me. My AOR is Feb 06, 2020 and since then there was no update on the portal not even GU. I called IRCC today and found out that my application was approved on April 22 and transferred to VO- Etobicoke. Still the portal showed nothing and the agent has no clue about why. Should I be concerned, I have 2 agents confirming that everything is passed and approved?

Thanks guys

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi,
Wonder if anyone has the same experience as me. My AOR is Feb 06, 2020 and since then there was no update on the portal not even GU. I called IRCC today and found out that my application was approved on April 22 and transferred to VO- Etobicoke. Still the portal showed nothing and the agent has no clue about why. Should I be concerned, I have 2 agents confirming that everything is passed and approved?

Thanks guys
If the 2 agents you've talked to have said everything's moving it should be okay. You can apply for GCMS notes which will give you certainty but they take awhile to come through, hopefully everything's done for you by the time you'd get them.
The web portal is terrible, I was told that eligibility has been passed since July 2020 but still there's nothing on mine. Don't stress!

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
Hi,

Thanks guys
Likewise.... my file got approved since March 26 and moved to Etobicoke for COPR. Been waiting for an email from Etobicoke since then

Quinn0409

Apr 30, 2021
Likewise.... my file got approved since March 26 and moved to Etobicoke for COPR. Been waiting for an email from Etobicoke since then
Yeah, one of the agents told me that don't expect the Etobicoke office to reply soon, it could take them up to a month to send those out. It's just strange that the web portal shows nothing but everything is under reviewed.