+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
I sent in a webform and asked:

"To Whom It May Concern,

I would kindly like to request an update on the progress of my application. In particular, may I know the following:
1. Is Eligibility passed?
2. Is security passed?
3. Is criminality passed?
4. Has the background check been completed and if so, what is the outcome?
5. What office is my application currently being processed at?

Thank you kindly for taking the time to assist me with these inquiries.

Yours sincerely,
theafijioman"

And the response was:

"
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
"

Can someone tell me if "currently valid" means passed?

stanley81

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020

"To Whom It May Concern,

I would kindly like to request an update on the progress of my application. In particular, may I know the following:
2. Is security passed?

Yours sincerely,
theafijioman"

And the response was:

"
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
"

'currently valid' means literally valid (e.g. passed) to the current moment of time. Once everything is cleared - the final review from the big boss officer is pending.

Bang86

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Is the CoPR YYY digits still a thing?
Received my CoPR yesterday after it was approved on Friday, April 16. CEC Inland.

YYY digits are 040

jpdcl

Aug 6, 2017

"To Whom It May Concern,

2. Is security passed?

Yours sincerely,
theafijioman"

And the response was:

"
"

Hi, how long did it take to get a response via webform? Thanks

aabu208

May 30, 2018
Hi, does anyone know how long it takes to get COPR Document after final approval. Does it come through email or mail? Also how long does it really take to get the PR CARD After

Reactions: knatesan

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I submitted a webform on 25th Jan and never got a response. Starting to think they never received it. But this one was sent on April 7th. So a little under 2 weeks.
How did you submit a webform? The link on my application profile was removed and every time I've ever submitted a webform I got a generic copy paste response and not an actual update on my application like yours!

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
How did you submit a webform? The link on my application profile was removed and every time I've ever submitted a webform I got a generic copy paste response and not an actual update on my application like yours!
I just used this link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

And I asked for an update back in December and got a generic copy-paste response too. What helped me was to specifically ask questions on each stage of the application rather than just asking for a generic update. Try using the layout I used above. But I have also heard of people that asked specific questions like me and also just got a generic copy-paste response anyway. So I imagine a lot of it just depends on who is responding to your webform and what mood their in unfortunately.

Gurleenriar

Nov 19, 2020
My Aor- September 20,2020
I got a call from no caller id yesterday but unfortunately i missed it . My agent said there is nothing to worry about they just confirm the address on call. And there was a ghost update on my file today.
how soon can I expect my PR?