+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
Hi, my application got approved on April 1. The VO office is Etobicoke. They sent the email pdf today morning. Generally, it takes 2 days to 2 weeks.
Thanks for the reply. Just received a doc named "Information letter" in the portal. It has my copr document number and further instructions to apply for PR card. I believe that's the copr doc right?

Dhana1

Mar 1, 2018
Thanks for the reply. Just received a doc named "Information letter" in the portal. It has my copr document number and further instructions to apply for PR card. I believe that's the copr doc right?
I got a CoPR PDF directly from the Etobicoke office. They asked me to send the photo directly to them to their address and these it. I don't know what you mean by portal here? You mean your IRCC CIC account ? or separate portal to send photos

RoverMover

Jul 21, 2020
I got a CoPR PDF directly from the Etobicoke office. They asked me to send the photo directly to them to their address and these it. I don't know what you mean by portal here? You mean your IRCC CIC account ? or separate portal to send photos
I mean IRCC CIC account. The letter says that I can use it as a legal proof to prove my Permanent Residence status. I also found further instructions to send photos to my local Visa office (Vancouver) for receiving my PR card.

cpark

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Hey guys, I got my COPR letter via email today. I guess it took me 7 business days in case you wanted to know.
The letter also provides vague info on traveling outside of Canada:
"If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact us immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information: CIC-ETOBICOKE-LANDINGS@CIC.GC.CA.
If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information."

Melikaaaaaaaa

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Hey guys, I got my COPR letter via email today. I guess it took me 7 business days in case you wanted to know.
"If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact us immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information: CIC-ETOBICOKE-LANDINGS@CIC.GC.CA.
If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information."
Hi congratulations were you CEC Inland?

Punsy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Congrats buddy! May I know the expiry date of your COPR as per CIC Portal? My COPR was approved on April 9th, 2021 and the expiry date is set as April 22nd, 2021. Do you think I should be getting COPR email before that? What's your take on that?

I would apperciate your comments! Thanks In Advance.

Reactions: IndianinToronto

cpark

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Congrats buddy! May I know the expiry date of your COPR as per CIC Portal? My COPR was approved on April 9th, 2021 and the expiry date is set as April 22nd, 2021. Do you think I should be getting COPR email before that? What's your take on that?

I would apperciate your comments! Thanks In Advance.
Thanks. I read on this forum that ppl should get their letter via email within 1 to 10 days. You would probably get the email soon.
My expire date is June 21st.

Reactions: Punsy

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Hi
Does anyone VO office in Edmonton and can you share your timeline with them. I heard they are known for their delay.

hedwig0409

Apr 13, 2021
AOR: May 21, 2020
Approved: Mar 17, 2021
no COPR yet.

I am tired of the waiting. It has been a month since the application approved online, but still no COPR yet.
Anyone know how can we trace this?
Appreciate it in advance.

Update: I just called IRCC and they said they sent me an email on March 29 to my gmail address. I didnt receive anything on 29th and requested them to re-send that email.

Last edited:

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
AOR: May 21, 2020
Approved: Mar 17, 2021
no COPR yet.

I am tired of the waiting. It has been a month since the application approved online, but still no COPR yet.
Anyone know how can we trace this?
Appreciate it in advance.
If you had used Company's Attorney for your workpermit extension during PR process, it might be that the emails are sent to Attorney's email id. Mine was sent to them, and luckily attorney forwarded to me on same day.

AOR: 21-May-2020, Approved: 19-March-2021, EMail of COPR: 29-March-2021

Reactions: Vinami

hedwig0409

Apr 13, 2021
If you had used Company's Attorney for your workpermit extension during PR process, it might be that the emails are sent to Attorney's email id. Mine was sent to them, and luckily attorney forwarded to me on same day.

AOR: 21-May-2020, Approved: 19-March-2021, EMail of COPR: 29-March-2021
Thanks for sharing. No, I did everything myself and have not extended my work permit yet.

Reactions: jpshya