+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

puneet kanda

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
So I heard from a friend of mine (they were on a call with someone at IRCC through their work as they are a client of a client) and they were told that IRCC year end is March 31st, and that they are pushing through/processing as many applications as possible. I'm wondering if that's why so many June/July/August applications are getting through faster?

If IRCC have a measurement for success, it probably encompasses not just numbers, but how long the applications take to process? If they push through all the summer applicants, their processing time average for 2020 won't be so high. All the summer applicants probably have everything basically finalised in the system, with autumn/winter applicants probably still having some things they are waiting on. If they wait until April 1st, and THEN start processing Jan-May 2020, sure at the beginning the average processing time metric for 2021 would be high, but the average would balance out during the remainder of the year if they get back to processing in a timely manner. Does that make sense?

So if during April, all the applicants from Jan-May suddenly start getting approved, we know IRCC was intentionally holding off because of their own internal metrics. But if it continues as usual, and we're still not being looked at, I think it might be the case that Biometrics screwed us up. Anyone from Jan-May had to wait until October-ish to get Biometrics done. This is over the 30-90 day limit IRCC usually have. Even though they said it didn't matter, it might be that the system wasn't sert up to account for this, and so reshuffled everyone from those earlier months back into the pool because Biometrics wasn't completed before the requested date. In that case, we really are just all sitting in limbo, and either IRCC knows this, and doesn't care, or they don't know, but still don't care, because it seems like everyone from Jan-May is constantly calling their phone line and complaining about the timeframe! If we're sitting in limbo, we are literally waiting for case workers to notice our files in the system.

That's my current conspiracy theory, could be a load of hogwash, but the remnants of hope are giving me some comfort!
@legalfalcon what are your views on this? Does ircc really finish their work year on 31st March?

onamoisa

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
So I heard from a friend of mine (they were on a call with someone at IRCC through their work as they are a client of a client) and they were told that IRCC year end is March 31st, and that they are pushing through/processing as many applications as possible. I'm wondering if that's why so many June/July/August applications are getting through faster?

If IRCC have a measurement for success, it probably encompasses not just numbers, but how long the applications take to process? If they push through all the summer applicants, their processing time average for 2020 won't be so high. All the summer applicants probably have everything basically finalised in the system, with autumn/winter applicants probably still having some things they are waiting on. If they wait until April 1st, and THEN start processing Jan-May 2020, sure at the beginning the average processing time metric for 2021 would be high, but the average would balance out during the remainder of the year if they get back to processing in a timely manner. Does that make sense?

So if during April, all the applicants from Jan-May suddenly start getting approved, we know IRCC was intentionally holding off because of their own internal metrics. But if it continues as usual, and we're still not being looked at, I think it might be the case that Biometrics screwed us up. Anyone from Jan-May had to wait until October-ish to get Biometrics done. This is over the 30-90 day limit IRCC usually have. Even though they said it didn't matter, it might be that the system wasn't sert up to account for this, and so reshuffled everyone from those earlier months back into the pool because Biometrics wasn't completed before the requested date. In that case, we really are just all sitting in limbo, and either IRCC knows this, and doesn't care, or they don't know, but still don't care, because it seems like everyone from Jan-May is constantly calling their phone line and complaining about the timeframe! If we're sitting in limbo, we are literally waiting for case workers to notice our files in the system.

That's my current conspiracy theory, could be a load of hogwash, but the remnants of hope are giving me some comfort!
It can make total sense. I found the last immigration report and it was released on March 31.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/annual-report-parliament-immigration-2020.html

codeheals

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Finally got CoPR document.
AOR: Dec. 11, 2019
MED: Dec. 27, 2019
BIL: Oct. 21, 2020
MED extended: Jan. 26, 2021
Background check: Feb. 2, 2021
Final: Feb. 26, 2021
Portal updated with CoPR #: March 1, 2021
CoPR document emailed from Etobicoke: March 12, 2021

Hang in there, everyone!
Congratulations!! I hope mine will come soon....

RajSingh12

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020

Hang in there, everyone!
congrats..hopefully those waiting for the document will get it soon...like me.

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020

Hang in there, everyone!
Happy for you buddy it feels like i got mine...seeing at your long wait more than a year gives hope....

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981

Hang in there, everyone!
Inland or outland??

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018

Hang in there, everyone!
Did they ask you to redo medicals , or extended them on their end?

GXSINGH

Jan 22, 2018

Hang in there, everyone!
whats your primary visa office

joaliriano

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020

The measurement for success makes total sense and Im pretty sure thats what they're doing.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

n1i2k3

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Called IRCC for a status update and to vent my frustrations (AOR APril 27th 2020, Bio Oct 23rd, Criminality STILL in progress, Security Not Started), and they gave me the same BS answer "everyone's application is delayed, every application is different, the only thing you can do is wait" and honestly that just made me so much more annoyed.....I don't even know what to do anymore.

I had heard that their year end at IRCC is March 31st, and they are pushing through as many applications as they can, but that mostly seems to be people in the June to August 2020 range, but so hard to tell.....urrrrrggggggg
I got the same reply. Criminality In progress and security not Started. (AOR: April 4th, 2020)