horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
LOL HARRY!!!! YES ME INCLUDED HAHAHAH. I really wish all of you to get it. my heart seriously understands the pain - just be patient just a matter of time!!!!!
You finally got yours?

TheTAMAS

Nov 1, 2019
Hello all, I want to know what happens if one's unable to land in Canada within the date mentioned on the CoPR?
If there's gonna be a fresh CoPR issued, then will that mean that the difference of days between the 2 CoPR's would be deducted from the 5 year visa?

birwin91

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Called IRCC for a status update and to vent my frustrations (AOR APril 27th 2020, Bio Oct 23rd, Criminality STILL in progress, Security Not Started), and they gave me the same BS answer "everyone's application is delayed, every application is different, the only thing you can do is wait" and honestly that just made me so much more annoyed.....I don't even know what to do anymore.

I had heard that their year end at IRCC is March 31st, and they are pushing through as many applications as they can, but that mostly seems to be people in the June to August 2020 range, but so hard to tell.....urrrrrggggggg

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
Called IRCC for a status update and to vent my frustrations (AOR APril 27th 2020, Bio Oct 23rd, Criminality STILL in progress, Security Not Started), and they gave me the same BS answer "everyone's application is delayed, every application is different, the only thing you can do is wait" and honestly that just made me so much more annoyed.....I don't even know what to do anymore.

I had heard that their year end at IRCC is March 31st, and they are pushing through as many applications as they can, but that mostly seems to be people in the June to August 2020 range, but so hard to tell.....urrrrrggggggg
Our applications have been forgotten. They aren’t processing our file at this time, it has nothing to do with the uniqueness of the case.
If you are among the unlucky ones (especially Feb/March/April folks) stuck in “criminality in progress , security not started” there’s nothing you can do. Your file is on hold until someone, somewhere, will pick up your application in the system. But rest assured that this waiting is in vain; no one is working on your case at the moment. We are left in a limbo because they couldn’t initiate criminality due to pending biometrics, and their system didn’t account for biometrics pending. We basically lost our spot in the queue. So heartbreaking.

Last edited:

birwin91

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Our applications have been forgotten. They aren’t processing our file at this time, it has nothing to do with the uniqueness of the case.
If you are among the unlucky ones (especially Feb/March/April folks) stuck in “criminality in progress , security not started” there’s nothing you can do. Your file is on hold until someone, somewhere, will pick up your application in the system. But rest assured that the this waiting is in vain; no one is working on your case at the moment. We are left in a limbo because they couldn’t initiate criminality due to pending biometrics, and their system didn’t account for biometrics pending. We basically lost our spot in the queue. So heartbreaking.
That is horrifically depressing. How do you know that is true? Is there anything we can do??

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
That is horrifically depressing. How do you know that is true? Is there anything we can do??
There’s nothing you can do. Eventually, probably within the next 6-12 months , they’ll pick up our file and complete it. But in the short term there’s nothing we can do to affect their processes (they probably need to redesign their queue and it’ll take some IT efforts. In the grand schema of things they couldn’t care less whether our application is delayed by 6-12 months).

you can look up the evidences on the CEC tracker. Look up the Feb/March/April AOR folks. You’ll see the pattern, whether the approval come within relatively short time or they are waiting for +12 months. It’s not about case uniqueness, it’s about their sorting mechanism and the fact they’re not opening your file (myself and many others that orders notes, can clearly see that the file hasn’t been touched since July).

priduds

Star Member
Mar 19, 2020
I just logged in my account and it was approved!! I cant believe.. really.. Im so happy!! I want to thank you guys for all the support!! Sometimes is so hard specially during this pandemic!!

My timeline:
AOR July 20th
Medicals Sep 10th (I did upfront)
Bio Exempt October 17th
Called IRCC and they said my documents were good Jan 13th
Sent a webform Feb 16th
Ghost update February 23rd
Background check February 24th
Received the answer from the webform saying they are delayed to Covid Mar 8th
Bio refund March 10th
Eligibility review March 12th
Final decision March 12th

Thanks again guys!! As soon I have the visa offices I will update :)

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
There’s nothing you can do. Eventually, probably within the next 6-12 months , they’ll pick up our file and complete it. But in the short term there’s nothing we can do to affect their processes (they probably need to redesign their queue and it’ll take some IT efforts. In the grand schema of things they couldn’t care less whether our application is delayed by 6-12 months).

you can look up the evidences on the CEC tracker. Look up the Feb/March/April AOR folks. You’ll see the pattern, whether the approval come within relatively short time or they are waiting for +12 months. It’s not about case uniqueness, it’s about their sorting mechanism and the fact they’re not opening your file (myself and many others that orders notes, can clearly see that the file hasn’t been touched since July).
I wouldn't say "if you are from these months, your chance is zero". We still see or hear people from the given months getting their applications finalized. The problem is those applications are really a few and no transparency in the process whatsoever. The only thing is you gotta be lucky, no system or plan.

I ranted in the forum so many times about their management and the way of handling this issue so do not want to repeat myself, but it just sucks. It is destroying my personal life, and there is nothing I can do, unfortunately. They are a huge dissappointment.

birwin91

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
So I heard from a friend of mine (they were on a call with someone at IRCC through their work as they are a client of a client) and they were told that IRCC year end is March 31st, and that they are pushing through/processing as many applications as possible. I'm wondering if that's why so many June/July/August applications are getting through faster?

If IRCC have a measurement for success, it probably encompasses not just numbers, but how long the applications take to process? If they push through all the summer applicants, their processing time average for 2020 won't be so high. All the summer applicants probably have everything basically finalised in the system, with autumn/winter applicants probably still having some things they are waiting on. If they wait until April 1st, and THEN start processing Jan-May 2020, sure at the beginning the average processing time metric for 2021 would be high, but the average would balance out during the remainder of the year if they get back to processing in a timely manner. Does that make sense?

So if during April, all the applicants from Jan-May suddenly start getting approved, we know IRCC was intentionally holding off because of their own internal metrics. But if it continues as usual, and we're still not being looked at, I think it might be the case that Biometrics screwed us up. Anyone from Jan-May had to wait until October-ish to get Biometrics done. This is over the 30-90 day limit IRCC usually have. Even though they said it didn't matter, it might be that the system wasn't sert up to account for this, and so reshuffled everyone from those earlier months back into the pool because Biometrics wasn't completed before the requested date. In that case, we really are just all sitting in limbo, and either IRCC knows this, and doesn't care, or they don't know, but still don't care, because it seems like everyone from Jan-May is constantly calling their phone line and complaining about the timeframe! If we're sitting in limbo, we are literally waiting for case workers to notice our files in the system.

That's my current conspiracy theory, could be a load of hogwash, but the remnants of hope are giving me some comfort!

Last edited:

nousername2020

Jul 24, 2020
If you are among the unlucky ones (especially Feb/March/April folks) stuck in “criminality in progress , security not started” there’s nothing you can do. Your file is on hold until someone, somewhere, will pick up your application in the system. But rest assured that this waiting is in vain; no one is working on your case at the moment. We are left in a limbo because they couldn’t initiate criminality due to pending biometrics, and their system didn’t account for biometrics pending. We basically lost our spot in the queue. So heartbreaking.
there goes my hope and dream in dumpster..