COPR this week?

Navjot sidhu

Nov 22, 2020
Hi SUBMISISON DATE 3june

Medical passed
Biometrics done oct 22
Eligibility passed
I dont have login bcz i applied through my consultant

so i am calling them almost evry week but from nov till now !!! The only answer they are giving me “is evrything looks good !!! Eligibility is cleared!!! File in process!!!! security not started yet !!!! “
Almost more than a Month !!! Evrytime same answer !!

any idea how long it will take or should i just stop calling !!! Or anyone facing same situation !!! Pls let me know
hi please letme know if someone is facing same issue!!! Why they r not starting security check

ntya

Jun 29, 2018
Congratulations!
Did you receive portal email from IRCC asking your personal information before receiving COPR?
[/QUOTE]
No I did not receive. I was asked to mail the photo and was told the copr is a substitute for PR card to apply for govt services until they mail us the PR card.

anantha27

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Aor June 25th. Cec Inland with a spouse and 2 children (but my children were born here so they are citizens and doesnt count). My spouse was a student and I was on an OWP. I worked at RBC as a banking advisor so the noc code used was noc 6235. Using this job was a testimony because some people I spoke to classified my job as a customer service role. I Never got any ghost update(except yesterday). I was also bio exempt and I never got a refund for Biometrics, I also called DEC 17th and had no update as my Eligibility was still at recommended pass, security: in progress- Criminality: not started(all these kind of got me worried ). Well yesterday at 4am, I signed into my cic account and saw "application/profile updated). When I clicked on it, I saw nothing so I figured this might be a ghost update. I made up my mind to call them come 8am in the morning.. At 8am, I spoke to an agent who told me that all stages have been passed and I have to wait for an officer to make a final decision. So I figured I might have to wait another month or so. Well at 11:48 same day I got an email saying that I have a mail in my cic account. I Immediately tried signing in but it didnt let me in so I called cic. Luckily, I was put through to an agent who said "congratulations your PR that has been approved. I was so happy. I literally spoke to someone earlier who something completely different. After that call, I tried signing in again and lo and behold, there was my COPR DOCUMENT.
I was Finally approved. So happy and thankful to God

This is my take: do not think any one's situation will be the same as yours. In my case I was waiting for 3 ghost update and got none. I also kept checking to see a bio refund on credit card and it didn't happen.

Dont be like me and get yourself worried. Your case might just be special and peculiar. Just be patient. It will come Wish everyone waiting favor.
Congrats and thank you for sharing your experience

Jana_M_Calgary

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
yes you are correct, mine was all passed in December and suddenly I got mail notification and all stages were passed. So yes something goes in the background to ensure timelines are adhered to
Yes, so far I had two GU after my biometric on Oct 8, but did not see any update on the account. Hope for the best.

baluchidu

Dec 13, 2017
You have to just wait, mine was approved last year March and I was in print queue and I just got approve thursday. Although every case is different and maybe yours wont take so long like mine but I have raised like 3 webforms and called IRCC, they do things in their own time
Thanks for the input , hope it’s not that long

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Sir - I have question for you as I just got my ECopr. i have applied for Permanent SIN, PR cards. I was here on closed work permit since November 2018. Initially when we came here we were allowed to ship personal effects in year 2018 and when I came to Canada I was asked my company get list of goods shipped to be stamped by customs office.

Since I became permanent resident i have got bank balance and gold to be declared as first time immigrant. As an inland resident what should be next steps. Is there any guidance I need to follow.
i have got all pictures of my jewellery with me. At time of first visit as mentioned above, the officers were shown those pictures and they asked me to visit again at the time I became permanent resident.

any thoughts.

Thi will depend on how long you have been in Canada. Have you been in Canada for more than 36 months?