+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

Preet53

Nov 19, 2020
Have q question,
Some people are getting COPR document and some are receving PR confirmation portal email.
Do you guys have any idea why two different ways are there? Is there any criteria based on which IRCC is sending confirmations?

deanj

Star Member
May 27, 2020
Have q question,
Some people are getting COPR document and some are receving PR confirmation portal email.
Do you guys have any idea why two different ways are there? Is there any criteria based on which IRCC is sending confirmations?
From what I am aware the confirmation portal is more like a pilot project adopted by some offices to enhance efficiency. Not aware of any criteria, it would depend on the office where your file is being processed.

Reactions: Preet53

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Have q question,
Doesn't matter if you receive an email with the COPR document or receive PR confirmation portal email, you will still need to provide the same details to obtain your PR card.

I think some VO offices have adopted the PR confirmation portal email, while some haven't and just send the COPR document confirmation to your email.

Reactions: Preet53

onamoisa

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
[QUOTE = "deanj, post: 9113383, membro: 980600"]
Pelo que sei, o portal de confirmação é mais um projeto piloto adotado por alguns escritórios para aumentar a eficiência. Desconhecendo nenhum critério, dependeria do escritório onde seu arquivo está sendo processado.
[/ CITAR]
Who are these people are receiving, I mean which VO?

deanj

Star Member
May 27, 2020
[QUOTE = "deanj, post: 9113383, membro: 980600"]
Pelo que sei, o portal de confirmação é mais um projeto piloto adotado por alguns escritórios para aumentar a eficiência. Desconhecendo nenhum critério, dependeria do escritório onde seu arquivo está sendo processado.
[/ CITAR]
Who are these people are receiving, I mean which VO?
Mine is Etobicoke.

blondieyo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Yes, Winnipeg office
So normally what happens is one office will do all the processing and "work" on the file, then they transfer that to your local office who completes it and sends everything out. That's why there's a transfer in the office.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Finally i got my COPR on my online account

AoR March 31, 2020
Biometrics October 16, 2020

@legalfalcon

Hi Sir- I just received my COPR confirmation on my account. I cannot see any document. What are the next steps
Congratulations!!

Are you an inland or outland applicant?

If you are in Canada, then wait for IRCC to contact you.

Reactions: gaurav1282

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
COPR documents is mostly sent to applicants who may be exempt from travel restrictions. But will depend. Also, for inland applicants they will have to use the PR confirmation portal.

Petpea

Aug 19, 2020
Aor June 25th. Cec Inland with a spouse and 2 children (but my children were born here so they are citizens and doesnt count). My spouse was a student and I was on an OWP. I worked at RBC as a banking advisor so the noc code used was noc 6235. Using this job was a testimony because some people I spoke to classified my job as a customer service role. I Never got any ghost update(except yesterday). I was also bio exempt and I never got a refund for Biometrics, I also called DEC 17th and had no update as my Eligibility was still at recommended pass, security: in progress- Criminality: not started(all these kind of got me worried ). Well yesterday at 4am, I signed into my cic account and saw "application/profile updated). When I clicked on it, I saw nothing so I figured this might be a ghost update. I made up my mind to call them come 8am in the morning.. At 8am, I spoke to an agent who told me that all stages have been passed and I have to wait for an officer to make a final decision. So I figured I might have to wait another month or so. Well at 11:48 same day I got an email saying that I have a mail in my cic account. I Immediately tried signing in but it didnt let me in so I called cic. Luckily, I was put through to an agent who said "congratulations your PR that has been approved. I was so happy. I literally spoke to someone earlier who something completely different. After that call, I tried signing in again and lo and behold, there was my COPR DOCUMENT.
I was Finally approved. So happy and thankful to God

This is my take: do not think any one's situation will be the same as yours. In my case I was waiting for 3 ghost update and got none. I also kept checking to see a bio refund on credit card and it didn't happen.

Dont be like me and get yourself worried. Your case might just be special and peculiar. Just be patient. It will come Wish everyone waiting favor.

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Aor June 25th. Cec Inland with a spouse and 2 children (but my children were born here so they are citizens and doesnt count). My spouse was a student and I was on an OWP. I worked at RBC as a banking advisor so the noc code used was noc 6235. Using this job was a testimony because some people I spoke to classified my job as a customer service role. I Never got any ghost update(except yesterday). I was also bio exempt and I never got a refund for Biometrics, I also called DEC 17th and had no update as my Eligibility was still at recommended pass, security: in progress- Criminality: not started(all these kind of got me worried ). Well yesterday at 4am, I signed into my cic account and saw "application/profile updated). When I clicked on it, I saw nothing so I figured this might be a ghost update. I made up my mind to call them come 8am in the morning.. At 8am, I spoke to an agent who told me that all stages have been passed and I have to wait for an officer to make a final decision. So I figured I might have to wait another month or so. Well at 11:48 same day I got an email saying that I have a mail in my cic account. I Immediately tried signing in but it didnt let me in so I called cic. Luckily, I was put through to an agent who said "congratulations your PR that has been approved. I was so happy. I literally spoke to someone earlier who something completely different. After that call, I tried signing in again and lo and behold, there was my COPR DOCUMENT.
I was Finally approved. So happy and thankful to God

This is my take: do not think any one's situation will be the same as yours. In my case I was waiting for 3 ghost update and got none. I also kept checking to see a bio refund on credit card and it didn't happen.

Dont be like me and get yourself worried. Your case might just be special and peculiar. Just be patient. It will come Wish everyone waiting favor.
Congrats to you