+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

asifrahman

Nov 11, 2020
In my opinion this is crap from them. There are people in this forum who are getting COPRs.
After doing lot of research I can say following:
1. Most of the folks whose AOR is after March and Their case is happy path (e.g. no additional info/ procedural fairness etc) - are getting CoPR on time
2. Folks whose AOR is from Jan to Mar and has got remarks of COVID PACE ( in early days on pandemic most cases got this remarks) - are sent to backlog. These applications are being processed for eligibility, medical etc, but when it comes to CoPR they are putting it in backlog with any ETA.
3. Now for above two points, if you are Outland, then no/ limited CoPR

lastly, I don’t think there is any bearing of expiry of work permit. They don’t care because there is something called BOWP
Totally agree.
I fall under category#2. You know on 2nd page of my gcms notes, in the application assignment section, the due date is 11th Sept 2020 (after final approval assignment) and still no update on CoPR. I think you are right about the ongoing process. Let hope for the best for all.!!!

Partyman90

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Quick question, I had gotten approved on November 6 and just COPR document in email but not the one in the mail. Do I need to wait on the original copy in the mail before I can send it out to CIC-Etobicoke or I can print the PDF I received in my email?

AOR - May 11
Biometric exempted and updated - October 17
Background check completed - October 18
Approved - November 6

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
J
Quick question, I had gotten approved on November 6 and just COPR document in email but not the one in the mail. Do I need to wait on the original copy in the mail before I can send it out to CIC-Etobicoke or I can print the PDF I received in my email?

AOR - May 11
Approved - November 6
Just print and send. Also get a new sin

Reactions: Partyman90

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019

AOR - May 11
Approved - November 6
Bro you are lucky... seriously!!

Reactions: Partyman90

GrettaFox

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2020
AOR Received.
22-05-2020
Med's Done....
11-07-2020
LANDED..........
20-03-2021
Yea but I dint want to pay any more money and do all this I just wanted to be done with all this and move on with my life thank you
Man I'd be happy to pay for a freaking open work permit, technically I am supposed to be eligible for a PGWP extention, but no damn chance. That is where freaking stress is just piling up

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
In my opinion this is crap from them. There are people in this forum who are getting COPRs.
1. Most of the folks whose AOR is after March and Their case is happy path (e.g. no additional info/ procedural fairness etc) - are getting CoPR on time
2. Folks whose AOR is from Jan to Mar and has got remarks of COVID PACE ( in early days on pandemic most cases got this remarks) - are sent to backlog. These applications are being processed for eligibility, medical etc, but when it comes to CoPR they are putting it in backlog without any ETA.

lastly, I don’t think there is any bearing of expiry of work permit. They don’t care because there is something called BOWP
excellent observation. #2 for me.
are you inland?

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
2. Folks whose AOR is from Jan to Mar and has got remarks of COVID PACE ( in early days on pandemic most cases got this remarks) - are sent to backlog. These applications are being processed for eligibility, medical etc, but when it comes to CoPR they are putting it in backlog without any ETA.

Nice observation. In my case, AOR is April 11. once ordered gcms notes around July and noticed everything is passed on June except criminality and final decision pending biometrics was stated. I’m exempted from Biometrics too and it got updated on Oct 14. I could see most of the applications submitted later are getting final decision and copr. I was not requested any additional documents either. Everything was smooth. But still my criminality is in progress. Nothing is updated. My work permit expires Feb 2021. For the past couple of days, I am not checking the portal, as it only leads me to depression. Everything seems to be struck. Couldn’t move further. When they announced biometrics exemption, I thought they gonna clear the backlogs. And now, this waiting is more.. I seriously dont know on what order they process applications.

Reactions: MatAb and dgeorge

Nikhil jain

Mar 3, 2019
Nice observation. In my case, AOR is April 11. once ordered gcms notes around July and noticed everything is passed on June except criminality and final decision pending biometrics was stated. I’m exempted from Biometrics too and it got updated on Oct 14. I could see most of the applications submitted later are getting final decision and copr. I was not requested any additional documents either. Everything was smooth. But still my criminality is in progress. Nothing is updated. My work permit expires Feb 2021. For the past couple of days, I am not checking the portal, as it only leads me to depression. Everything seems to be struck. Couldn’t move further. When they announced biometrics exemption, I thought they gonna clear the backlogs. And now, this waiting is more.. I seriously dont know on what order they process applications.
I suggest you to call cic and request them about your case status. Mine application is stuck too but when I called them they said your biometric is not there even i was exempt . They requested us to send the previous biometric proof but still not confirmed whats going on ..

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Another point is that IRCC does not have audit checks and so they do what they want. There is no process that says First In First Out. Obviously, they want to pride themselves on the fact that 80% of applications are completed within 6 months so those that are already above 6 months get pushed away cos heck, they can as well wait

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
I suggest you to call cic and request them about your case status. Mine application is stuck too but when I called them they said your biometric is not there even i was exempt . They requested us to send the previous biometric proof but still not confirmed whats going on ..
I checked with them this monday. The agent said everything is on file. And I need to wait.