+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
the time you are in Canada with a temporary visa, count 50% for the citizenship calculation. It is like that since forever.
You can only claim a total of 365 days actually with a SP or WP. So after spending 2 years with WP, all remaining days are not counted. Basically, either you are here with an SP and WP for 5 years or you are here only for 2 years - all you can claim is 365 days.

Reactions: Jana_M_Calgary

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
It depends on how you are receiving the COPR
Case 1: CoPR through PR confirmation portal - In this case you need to upload the picture in the portal.
Case 2: CoPR is sent directly in your email - In this case you need to send a physical photo to the VO through mail.
I have got CoPR via email reply.
But I also got invitation for pr confirmation portal later.
Is it ok to apply via both?

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
Wow !!!
I am not sure what would be the best process!! You wait for an expert to advise. But if I was at your place I should had done both.
Yeah I have mailed the photo same day I received the CoPR and later I am also following the other method. But just want to know if anyone had experienced the same? @legalfalcon comments?

Jana_M_Calgary

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
You can only claim a total of 365 days actually with a SP or WP. So after spending 2 years with WP, all remaining days are not counted. Basically, either you are here with an SP and WP for 5 years or you are here only for 2 years - all you can claim is 365 days.
Yes it was the thing I read before.
They do not count PR processing time for us.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Yeah I have mailed the photo same day I received the CoPR and later I am also following the other method. But just want to know if anyone had experienced the same? @legalfalcon comments?
When you receive the COPR, the instructions are to mail the photo as it is used to generate your PR card.

Reactions: Jana_M_Calgary

PSpharwaha

May 12, 2019
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19 January 2020
AOR Received.
20 January 2020
File Transfer...
May 2020
Med's Done....
4 February 2020
Hi all Today I received email from Etobicoke office asking my and my dependents details for creating PR confirmation portal. Can anybody give me an idea how it goes further. I have already replied to the email. Pls see my signature for other details.

Reactions: sukhbirring

svk.dec25

Star Member
Apr 13, 2021
Hi all Today I received email from Etobicoke office asking my and my dependents details for creating PR confirmation portal. Can anybody give me an idea how it goes further. I have already replied to the email. Pls see my signature for other details.
You will receive log in credential is next couple of days.
After logging into the portal , you two will have to declare that you are in Canada , update address , upload photo and submit the application. After that , you will be able to download the COPR in next couple of days and the PR card will be mailed to your address within 3-6 weeks.

PSpharwaha

May 12, 2019
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19 January 2020
AOR Received.
20 January 2020
File Transfer...
May 2020
Med's Done....
4 February 2020
After logging into the portal , you two will have to declare that you are in Canada , update address , upload photo and submit the application. After that , you will be able to download the COPR in next couple of days and the PR card will be mailed to your address within 3-6 weeks.
Thanks for the details.

Jana_M_Calgary

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
3 to 6 weeks? That would be amazing because I read about 6 months somewhere!!

svk.dec25

Star Member
Apr 13, 2021
3 to 6 weeks? That would be amazing because I read about 6 months somewhere!!
That's what I have seen so far.
Sending physical photos via mail to the IRCC office takes a lot of time.
From the previous posts, I have seen people getting their PR cards with 3-6 weeks via the PR confirmation portal.
I am also waiting for the PR card for the last 1 week. I uploaded the picture on 12 May 2021.

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
Congratulations man. All the best for future.

Reactions: PSpharwaha

warraich1

Star Member
May 13, 2021
My timeline so far:

CEC-inland
AOR: 18th Oct 2020
Medical passed: Dec 2, 2020

May 12th First email from CIC Calgary regarding Permanent residence confirmation portal, I replied within 1 hour
May 13th I got the credential email. I uploaded my picture and gave them my address on the 13th itself, still waiting for COPR

venkata123

Apr 26, 2021
I have got CoPR Yesterday..

please find blow are my timelines.
AOR - June 15, 2020
Medicals - August 03,2020
Bio-metric - Dec 04, 2020
Application approve & CoPR - April 19, 2020

I have got many updates from this group.

Thank you all!!!