+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

Ash1017

Feb 22, 2021
The problem is really the lack of any kind of timeline and the complete randomness of the process, which halts any life plans and takes a heavy toll on mental health.

They really need to provide some kind of certainty to the process. I'm approaching 1 year of waiting, and my application has been simply "forgotten" (no updates of any sort).
Whether they start sorting by AOR or they should have some kind of hard deadline so that if they haven't found a reason to refuse the application in 12 months (twice the expected processing time) and provided you have submitted all the required documents, you're granted PR automatically.

I really don't understand, there's a crazy backlog and they invited 27k more people altogether? it's so frustrating ...
Yes you are right. There is no process to issue the COPR. Who has applied in Nov or Oct, they are getting the approvals but who has applied in last April/Mat, they are still waiting. They should have atleast a process to approve the applications based on submit date so that we should atleast know that which date/week data is being taking care of and how much more time will take. In that case we would be able to plan something as well but now you can't plan anything just wait and watch. On the other side planning to give 400K PR's this year. I am wondering if they will get may be in next 3-4 years :(

Reactions: krishnapandya

Navneet2000

Dec 17, 2020
Hi Guys. i have CoPR.
AOR july 8.
File transferetd to Etobicoke Feb 8th.
the final decision approved: Feb 24th. ( no emails of phone calls from IRCC)

Please help me in estimaing when can I leave the country and re enter.? it is urgent !!
I think if you CoPR with the document number so you can leave already. maybe..

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi Guys. i have CoPR.
AOR july 8.
File transferetd to Etobicoke Feb 8th.
the final decision approved: Feb 24th. ( no emails of phone calls from IRCC)

Please help me in estimaing when can I leave the country and re enter.? it is urgent !!
If you leave the country without your PR card, you have to apply for PRTD so you can return to Canada.