+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Hi All,

Happy to tell that both my wife and I received our eCoPRs via the new confirmation portal today. It was just more than a 10-month journey. There were many ups and downs throughout the process, almost pushing us to depression. Forums and Groups like this helped a lot in keeping things informed. A big thank you to all of you.

For those who are still waiting for some news, you will reach there. It looks like IRCC ramped up the processing horsepower. Just a few more days to go. Hang tight. All the best..!

My timeline is given below,

Category: CEC (Inland + Spouse Inland)
NOC: 2171 | VO: Ottawa
CRS: 509 with Job Offer
ITA: Mar 23, 2020
AOR: Apr 04, 2020 with LOE for medicals
Medicals Taken: May 04, 2020
Medicals Submitted (Webform): May 16, 2020
BIL: Jun 02, 2020
MEP: Jun 03, 2020
Eligibility/Security Passed: Jun 12, 2020 (GU - Portal)
Bio Call Received: Oct 06, 2020
Bio Appointment/Completed: Oct 14, 2020
Criminality/All Stages Passed: Nov 20, 2020 (GU - Portal/GCMS)
Email seeking landing info to create PR Confirmation Portal login: Jan 08, 2021 (Etobicoke)
Agent Code: RA***0 (I don’t see it in eCoPR and I don’t think it matters)
Received Confirmation Portal Credentials & Submitted Photo and Address: Jan 11, 2021
eCoPR: Feb 11, 2021 (Expiry: May 16, 2021 - ie till Medical expiry)
PR Card: Hoping in 1 month
Congrats buddy! I have been seeing your posts for such a long time. All the best! :)

Reactions: ncrohith

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Here is my speculation/assumption for present situation:

They do applications in batches, lets assume batch #1 is June Applicants, Batch #2 July and so on.

So the pace at which the application will move is also decided by the batch.

For example March applicants had to wait the longest (Processing time 10-11 months)
And looking at the June/July thread people are getting COPR's in 7-8 months
And if you look at September/October thread. They have passed Eligibility and Criminality far quicker than what June/July/August applicants. (So they are likely to get PR in the 6 month timeframe).

This can also be seen in case of medicals. Like I am AOR August and my medical was passed in 40 days. However, if you see on Myimmitracker now-a-days, medicals are passed within 20 days.

That's what I think is happening. And this is the reason why FIFO is not applying for March/April applicants.

IRCC is working at full capacity for CEC and by that it could be inferred that March/April applicants would get before June/July applicants, however they are not because of thing that pace ties somehow to application batches.

And all this also has influence of the VO. Vancouver being the fastest. And of course there are exceptionally lucky applicants get in 70, 100 days etc.

Anyway there are my thought, all other thoughts welcome.

TL;DR - Application pace ties somehow to application batches (AOR date).

Reactions: dgeorge and tj_sf

Anjupatel@9594

Sep 29, 2019

They do applications in batches, lets assume batch #1 is June Applicants, Batch #2 July and so on.

For example March applicants had to wait the longest (Processing time 10-11 months)
And if you look at September/October thread. They have passed Eligibility and Criminality far quicker than what June/July/August applicants. (So they are likely to get PR in the 6 month timeframe).

This can also be seen in case of medicals. Like I am AOR August and my medical was passed in 40 days. However, if you see on Myimmitracker now-a-days, medicals are passed within 20 days.

That's what I think is happening. And this is the reason why FIFO is not applying for March/April applicants.

IRCC is working at full capacity for CEC and by that it could be inferred that March/April applicants would get before June/July applicants, however they are not because of thing that pace ties somehow to application batches.

And all this also has influence of the VO. Vancouver being the fastest. And of course there are exceptionally lucky applicants get in 70, 100 days etc.

i do have covid pace things in my gcms notes..i don't know how they decide which application goes in covid pace thing..

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
i do have covid pace things in my gcms notes..i don't know how they decide which application goes in covid pace thing..
Ya that too. COVID Pace is also another thing that influences the processing time.

I think COVID pace is for the people who they think have outland dependents or who themselves are outland. But there are also cases where they put inland in COVID pace, maybe those inland whose visas are about to expire or something like that.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019

There are so many September/October applicants who have Eligibility and Criminality Passed and Security In Progress and on the other hand so many from March - August are still waiting for Security/Criminality to start.

Therefore the application processing time somehow ties to how the batch of applications. Or maybe not, obvio no one knows for sure, but it could be a possibility.

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020

Interesting analysis. When do you think they’ll get back to the March April May folks since all now have biometrics on file. I believe they were placed back into hold once they missed their time to submit bio during COVID. Now they forgot these applicants now have all requirements on file and some are inland too. It’s very sad

Reactions: JaxT

tj_sf

Nov 18, 2020

True, i notice that in other threads and the BIL google sheet too.

my AOR is 02 July and I passed medical on Oct 02(90 days after AOR) and I got BIL on Jan 23rd 2021(6 months after AOR, my completion date was 07 jan LOL).
and one of my friend that applied in Sept passed medical and gave biometrics within 60 days after AOR

Last edited:

Anjupatel@9594

Sep 29, 2019
Ya that too. COVID Pace is also another thing that influences the processing time.

I think COVID pace is for the people who they think have outland dependents or who themselves are outland. But there are also cases where they put inland in COVID pace, maybe those inland whose visas are about to expire or something like that.
my visa is still valid till july 2021..they still put me in covid pace..i don't have any dependent..i don't know why..it's weird

kiwissima

Sep 17, 2018
It's really painful to see they are not touching my application (AOR April) but they have the capacity to process more recent applications.