+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR this week?

Syed Gilani

Nov 8, 2020
Hi Folks, AOR: June 20th, passed eligibility, criminality and security on December 06th. I was told by an agent that I may get COPR approximately within a week but nothing happened. Guys anyone got COPR recently those who got AOR in June?

Ashik123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 05, 2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-05-2020
Med's Done....
26-06-2020
Interview........
12-01-2021
Just got this reply from my local MP. I know my file was approved back in Oct 9 as per GCMS note. However, it says I have to send my passport to visa office but I didn’t receive any instructions as such! No COPR yet! As far as I know, for inland applicant, we need to use PR portal! Anyone on the same boat?

The eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on July 30, 2020.
The medical examination results are on file and valid until May 11, 2021 for the applicant.
The criminality verifications are currently valid for the applicant.
The security verifications are currently valid for the applicant.
As per our current processing times, it may take up to 6 month(s) to finalize the application.
However, processing times indicated on our website are approximate, and can vary with each individual case.
The application is approved:
the applicant will need to send their passport to the Canadian visa office to obtain the permanent resident visa, and
the officer will issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which the applicant will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.

Reactions: Jana_M_Calgary

Gabrielmsf

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Just got this reply from my local MP. I know my file was approved back in Oct 9 as per GCMS note. However, it says I have to send my passport to visa office but I didn’t receive any instructions as such! No COPR yet! As far as I know, for inland applicant, we need to use PR portal! Anyone on the same boat?

The eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on July 30, 2020.
The medical examination results are on file and valid until May 11, 2021 for the applicant.
The criminality verifications are currently valid for the applicant.
The security verifications are currently valid for the applicant.
As per our current processing times, it may take up to 6 month(s) to finalize the application.
However, processing times indicated on our website are approximate, and can vary with each individual case.
The application is approved:
the applicant will need to send their passport to the Canadian visa office to obtain the permanent resident visa, and
the officer will issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which the applicant will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.
This looks like a template response to me. The kind they give to outland applicants.

It might not really mean anything

Anjupatel@9594

Sep 29, 2019
i called cic and agent told me that final decision has been taken and just need to wait for email from officer..is anyone know how many days it will take to get email from officer?

Reactions: Pgill2609

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
I have friend who got same response early november, still waiting. While its good that at least its passed but at same time delay is something which may frustrate any one. Good luck

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
i called cic and agent told me that final decision has been taken and just need to wait for email from officer..is anyone know how many days it will take to get email from officer?
Same here... File approved on 28 November. Waiting for CoPR email or Portal email... AOR May 6, VO Ottawa, CEC Inland with inland dependent.

Reactions: Jana_M_Calgary

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Same here... File approved on 28 November. Waiting for CoPR email or Portal email... AOR May 6, VO Ottawa, CEC Inland with inland dependent.
i have peoplle waiting since early November, it’s bit slow since December with everyone in festival mood. Only scare is with next round of lockdown what will be repercussions. Will it again slow down 2021

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
i have peoplle waiting since early November, it’s bit slow since December with everyone in festival mood. Only scare is with next round of lockdown what will be repercussions. Will it again slow down 2021
Since 9 months people are suggesting them new alternates to issue us coprs. I hope next year they do something about it.

Anjupatel@9594

Sep 29, 2019
i don't know what's the reason for delaying application once everything is already assessed and passed? its too frustrating..atleast something is in process then we can understand but its already passed and still we have to wait..its too much frustrating things ever. they always give covid reasons but i don't thinks so this is real reason behind it..bcz i have seen many applicants received copr in just 5 months..so may be we can assume that some officers doesn't want to work ..

Reactions: Pgill2609