+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR required during oath or test?

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for citizenship in Apr. 2019, while it will take a good 1 year to process since I live in Mississuaga I have read on forums that during test or oath CIC requires the COPR which was given during immigration visa stamping.
Now I cant seem to find my COPR as I thought that once I get PR card , COPR gets irrelevant. What should I do now and is COPR really required?

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
I applied for citizenship in Apr. 2019, while it will take a good 1 year to process since I live in Mississuaga I have read on forums that during test or oath CIC requires the COPR which was given during immigration visa stamping.
Now I cant seem to find my COPR as I thought that once I get PR card , COPR gets irrelevant. What should I do now and is COPR really required?
Yes and COPR is relevant at pension time too, to prove when you landed in Canada, No other documentation mentions your date of entry as a resident.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=045&top=12
Some folks were never asked during Oath (I was not asked either). https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/lost-my-copr.520580/

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
They can ask to see it, and you need it later in life as well apparently (ie: federal pension). Contact CIC and start process to get a replacement.

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is on the list to bring to the Oath ceremony but nobody was asked to produce it. The attendant on the day mentioned that it will be needed for Old age pension.

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
It will definitely be required once you get the test / interview date. Interviewer will ask for it. Another thing, as everybody mentioned, this is important document for other purposes as well. It is good that you realized this earlier and can do something about it because i have seen ppl realizing this 2 days before test / interview date and it is too late.

You have plenty of time right now. Contact CIC or related authority and get another one Asap.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The officer at Mississauga asked to see it after passing my test. So it's better to get a replacement now that you still have time to do that.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
It will definitely be required once you get the test / interview date. Interviewer will ask for it. Another thing, as everybody mentioned, this is important document for other purposes as well. It is good that you realized this earlier and can do something about it because i have seen ppl realizing this 2 days before test / interview date and it is too late.

You have plenty of time right now. Contact CIC or related authority and get another one Asap.
Hi,
the COPR is asked to bring to the oath ceremony no to the test and interview.