+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR received. Do I need another tourist or any other form of visa to enter Canada?

srirvish

Oct 5, 2017
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
Hey y'all.

So I got my PR approved in record time. It just took 22 days from the time i submitted my application to the date I got my passport request email. It then took 3 weeks for the passport to be returned back to me. Incredibly happy and relieved.

I do have two questions though.

1. Can I do a soft entry into Canada (i currently reside in the US), meaning I would enter just to finish formalities and get the card itself and return back to the US? I have some work things I need to take care of first before I actually immigrate for good.

2. I do have a PR/immigration sticker on my passport. Will this work as my VISA into Canada or do I need to get a separate tourist visa (or any other form of visa) before I enter Canada?

This forum has been incredibly helpful to me and I would take a moment to thank y'all for all the help! :)

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hey y'all.

So I got my PR approved in record time. It just took 22 days from the time i submitted my application to the date I got my passport request email. It then took 3 weeks for the passport to be returned back to me. Incredibly happy and relieved.

I do have two questions though.

1. Can I do a soft entry into Canada (i currently reside in the US), meaning I would enter just to finish formalities and get the card itself and return back to the US? I have some work things I need to take care of first before I actually immigrate for good.

2. I do have a PR/immigration sticker on my passport. Will this work as my VISA into Canada or do I need to get a separate tourist visa (or any other form of visa) before I enter Canada?

This forum has been incredibly helpful to me and I would take a moment to thank y'all for all the help! :)
Congratulations! Just got my passport back too! :)

You can 'soft land' but it will take upwards of 3 months to get your PR Card, so to re-enter Canada, you'll either have to cross the US/Canadian border in a private vehicle with your COPR, or get a PR Travel Document to board a commercial aircraft or other public transportation to get back across the border (or have someone in Canada find a way to get your PR Card to you after it finally arrives).

The counterfoil - one-time entry visa - is all you need to get into Canada that first time when you claim your PR (Land). You won't need any other kind of visa.

srirvish

Oct 5, 2017
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
Congratulations! Just got my passport back too! :)

You can 'soft land' but it will take upwards of 3 months to get your PR Card, so to re-enter Canada, you'll either have to cross the US/Canadian border in a private vehicle with your COPR, or get a PR Travel Document to board a commercial aircraft or other public transportation to get back across the border (or have someone in Canada find a way to get your PR Card to you after it finally arrives).

The counterfoil - one-time entry visa - is all you need to get into Canada that first time when you claim your PR (Land). You won't need any other kind of visa.
Thank you! And congratulations to you too!

Aha, alright great! So I have an aunt and uncle who are canadian citizens, I will have them ship the PR card to me once it arrives (in the US) and once I do receive it, I can immigrate permanently!

And that's awesome that I don't have to apply for any other form of visa!

Thanks for all your inputs!

tejbirsingh

Jun 7, 2017
Hi All,

I got my PPR in 24 days after submitting my application on 6th of October. Now i have 30 days to submit my passport. I am getting married on 3rd of December 2017, Is there any possibility I can include my Spouse in the application. If not, what are the other possibilities through which i can take her along?