+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR post March 18 Travel Exemption

Apr 2, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that I got my authorization letter to travel to Canada under EXTENDED family travel exemption with a CoPR post March 18. My request was initially refused on Dec 8, stating that only IMMEDIATE family members are exempted to travel for CoPRs issued after the 18th of March. I still gave it another shot and resubmitted three weeks after and finally got the approval in 16 days.

So for those who are wondering whether or not PR visa holders with CoPR post Mar 18 are even eligible to travel under such exemption, the answer is -- YES WE ARE! So long as you disclose an honest and essential reason for travel and meet the necessary requirements, then it's worth a try

I specifically want to thank @K7moda and @legalfalcon for taking their time to answer my questions, I really appreciate it.
pisces88
Hi

Please help me sort this situation , Hi , I am in a mess right now .

Situation 1 - Mine RFV mail was sent by New Delhi VPO on 26/2/2020 on a wrong email address and due to which I wasn’t able to pursue it further for PPR/COPR . So Can I pursue a case with IRCC , based on RFV mail sent on 26th Feb , 2020 to exempt my application from travel exemptions and consider it in pre-March 18’2020 category and allow myself to travel along with my family .
Situation 2 – I am PA and my brother is in BC , I can apply for AL but question arises how do I get my family along .

Should I first apply for mine AL ( PA ) based on immediate family ie my brother in BC and proceed to request for AL for my family on basis that we can re-unite once I reach Canada and can they are my immediate family members and can apply for AL based on my PR

What do you recommend/suggest

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with app filed, app recieved 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
IELTS band 6.0, TEF B1/B2 sent with app filed
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that I got my authorization letter to travel to Canada under EXTENDED family travel exemption with a CoPR post March 18. My request was initially refused on Dec 8, stating that only IMMEDIATE family members are exempted to travel for CoPRs issued after the 18th of March. I still gave it another shot and resubmitted three weeks after and finally got the approval in 16 days.

So for those who are wondering whether or not PR visa holders with CoPR post Mar 18 are even eligible to travel under such exemption, the answer is -- YES WE ARE! So long as you disclose an honest and essential reason for travel and meet the necessary requirements, then it's worth a try

I specifically want to thank @K7moda and @legalfalcon for taking their time to answer my questions, I really appreciate it.
Hi, are you travelling alone or with your family? if family, do they need exemption for them too or just the pre exemption email they approved for one member of family only? In my case, I ask for pre travel exemption for my whole family, but they reply that they authorized my case with my name and my passport number only, not mentioned about the other members, are there anyone have landing experience and share it. Thanks a lot.

Klaverveld

May 19, 2019
Netherlands
NOC Code......
Hi, are you travelling alone or with your family? if family, do they need exemption for them too or just the pre exemption email they approved for one member of family only? In my case, I ask for pre travel exemption for my whole family, but they reply that they authorized my case with my name and my passport number only, not mentioned about the other members, are there anyone have landing experience and share it. Thanks a lot.
Ik would say, read the forum.... This is answered hundreds of times already.
Everyone needs the AL

Reactions: bsrogen

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
All family members need a AL. How are your family members exempted?

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
Ik would say, read the forum.... This is answered hundreds of times already.
Everyone needs the AL
Thanks, I will apply for them.

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
All family members need a AL. How are your family members exempted?
In my case, my parents and my sister are canadians and permanent residents, and I and my children are extendeded family members. I will ask IRCC for details.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
In my case, my parents and my sister are canadians and permanent residents, and I and my children are extendeded family members. I will ask IRCC for details.
You need to apply for your whole family. Every family member needs their own AL. You do the same process as you did for yourself.

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
You need to apply for your whole family. Every family member needs their own AL. You do the same process as you did for yourself.
How about the law that apply? In case we talk to the airline that I have pre travel exemption and I have the right to enter Canada, and my family travel along with me. At the time, my COPR is signed at the canada port of entry, my wife and my children automatically become my Immidiate family member and of course they don't need authorization anymore, just enter port of entry after me some minutes later. That's the law could apply if they want some troublesomes for us. I know some of my friends just take risk to come to Canada without AL and all of them succeeded. The hard part is pusuading the airline letting you get boarding.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How about the law that apply? In case we talk to the airline that I have pre travel exemption and I have the right to enter Canada, and my family travel along with me. At the time, my COPR is signed at the canada port of entry, my wife and my children automatically become my Immidiate family member and of course they don't need authorization anymore, just enter port of entry after me some minutes later. That's the law could apply if they want some troublesomes for us. I know some of my friends just take risk to come to Canada without AL and all of them succeeded. The hard part is pusuading the airline letting you get boarding.
What law? Then go for it. If you are denied boarding then you will know you all need a letter. The airlines don’t decide whether you can board as they will contact CBSA who will decide. Where does it say your family has the right to enter?

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
What law? Then go for it. If you are denied boarding then you will know you all need a letter. The airlines don’t decide whether you can board as they will contact CBSA who will decide. Where does it say your family has the right to enter?
Immediate family member of Canadians or permanent Residents don't need to write authorization letter. That's the law applying now. Just booking the air ticket and fly to Canada with valid travel documentation (valid visa)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
Your family members aren’t immediate family members of your parents, they are extended family members.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#extended
Yes, I know it, I aldready have authorization travel because I am extended family member and also my children are extended family members too. The fact is that if rules apply in our case, we tell the airline contacting the CBSA that I will be the first person entering canada to become PR, and my wife or my children are become Immidiate family member after me just in some minutes and that the case they could enter Canada without authorization letter, the thing we can tell to airline for landing permission. We should ask the airline for landing permit several days before departure. I still ask for AL, they will not refuse my children case because they are extended family members, too. But in case my wife AL get no luck, I will contact airline for landing permit, that's my friend did and he succeeded landing( visa post 18 March, without family). Actually, CBSA doesn't care your Visa post 18 March or not, they just ask about the Arrive Can, quarantine plan, covid test, That's all they need.

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020

iiqra

May 29, 2019
Hello, @legalfalcon

I recently received my AL under extended family exemption. I will be landing in Ontario and staying with my family member temporarily, but will eventually move to Alberta since AB is my nominating province. Hopefully when I land, is it okay if I have my PR card sent to the address of my family member in Ontario where I will temporarily reside?
Hey! So happy for you! could you please help me out?
Did you have to email the landings team for your AL? Roughly how long did it take them to send one?

I recently got approval for extended family exemption too. I have emailed the landings team - they initially told me I can not travel due restrictions and to email them when I can travel. However I have recently emailed then again stating that I have written approval for exemption. I have yet to hear from them. Any idea as to how long that will take?

Kind Regards,
Iqra

binder1232

Oct 28, 2013
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07th October 2020
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25 November 2020
AOR Received.
24 December 2020
IELTS Request
passed
File Transfer...
24 December 2020
Med's Request
Upfront done
Med's Done....
03/02/2021
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
24-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11 July 2022
LANDED..........
N.A.
Hello everyone,

Congratulations,
you get travel exemption only for yourself or your dependents too?