+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

copr notification/instruction letter vs actual copr?

shawn michelle

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
hello!

i got notice of approval today with a letter in cgkey (yay!). question is, am i now to expect the actual copr hard copy in the mail? the letter i received in my gckey account is not the actual copr, correct? bc i sent photos w a copy (im from visa exempt country) of my passport into the embassy (im outland) and other requested documents w a courior fee for the return - so i still need that document back from them correct? sorry if it sounds crazy but the letter is somewhat confusing. TIA

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello!

i got notice of approval today with a letter in cgkey (yay!). question is, am i now to expect the actual copr hard copy in the mail? the letter i received in my gckey account is not the actual copr, correct? bc i sent photos w a copy (im from visa exempt country) of my passport into the embassy (im outland) and other requested documents w a courior fee for the return - so i still need that document back from them correct? sorry if it sounds crazy but the letter is somewhat confusing. TIA
You will receive 2 physical copies of the COPR.

Reactions: zee90999

shawn michelle

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
hello! i have searched for an answer and it seems the results i have found have questions regarding the approval (or not). my questions are different. i know i am approved but i am confused about where my actual physical COPR is and when i can expect it. the following text updates are of little help because i can only figure out some of the abbreviations. i am hoping someone who has completed this process already may assist. i sent a copy of my passport, rather than actaul passport and to the visa services office in mexico city.

ok so these are the text updates i have received thus far after PPR:

january 21st
Visa application, tracking ID No. 20200121MXME**** has been dispatched to the OC from VAC , on 2020-01-21 10:35:35 PM GMT Standard Time for processing.
Visa application, tracking ID No. 20200121MXME**** The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Mexico OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Mexico OCCC Office in Mexico OC ,for processing.
Visa application, tracking ID No. 20200121MXME**** has been received at the 2020-01-21 10:43:14 PM GMT Standard Time VAC on date and is on transit to the IR

january 22nd
Visa application, tracking ID No.20200121MXME**** is under process at the IRCC Office.

today
Visa application, tracking ID No. 20200121MXME**** ?? Your processed decision envelope has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, on 2020-02-05 02:21:09 PM
GMT Standard Time and is on transit to the Canada Visa Application Centre in CVO

i am confused, i sent my PPR documents to the visa processing center per my request letter, then after 3 weeks of going back and forth i finally got the first text message, followed very quickly with the next two, then another the next day. today i received this last one. so do i assumen correctly that my paperwork was received by the visa services office, then they sent it to the embassy then the embassy ent it back to the visa services center who will (hopefully) send it to me? it seems like a lot of back and forth for paperwork no? do i assume correctly you think? what do all those abbreviations mean?

thanks in advance!