+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR - Not Valid For Travel

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys can someone help me with my question?

My parents have COPR and are currently visiting me in the US. I will be taking them to Canada via road in my car. However, I am not a Canadian PR but I have a Canada visitor visa. Will this be an issue? Should the car be in their name to be accepted as private vehicle? This is not their first landing as PR. They landed in Toronto Airport directly from India. Please help.
No you are fine. They can get reported if they don't meet their RO. I am hoping this doesn't mean you sponsored your parents and then moved to the US.

Zainab. taha1

Jun 3, 2019
Hello. I got my Permanent Residence visa. Im so so happy..
But the Confirmation of PR says not valid for travel so im a lil bit concerned why is that so? Plus by mistake the COPR is a lil bit teared from the corner. Is that a problem??

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Hello. I got my Permanent Residence visa. Im so so happy..
But the Confirmation of PR says not valid for travel so im a lil bit concerned why is that so? Plus by mistake the COPR is a lil bit teared from the corner. Is that a problem??
It means that the COPR isn't a travel document, you still need a passport and valid visa (if you're from a country that requires a visa to enter Canada)

tyfui

Oct 21, 2019
Hi, Can anyone share his/her experience entering into Canada by road using CoPR and passport as documents ?
Hi Anjani, I just traveled by land in a rental car into Canada with my COPR and the passport that is associated to it and I had no issues at all, just asked what I was doing in the US and then said welcome back