+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR issued - OINP but short trip to another province upcoming

Kirsty_A

Aug 17, 2017
I have just received my COPR (expiry Feb 2018) through FSW class/EE with Provincial Nomination from Ontario (OINP).

I have a ski trip booked in Dec 2017 (landing in Alberta and then flying onto B.C.). This trip is totally
unrelated to PR, it's purely a 2 week holiday booked before COPR was granted. After the holiday we are coming back to the UK for approximately 6 months before taking up residency in Ontario.

I want to (and, assume I need to) do my 'landing' at my first point of entry into Canada after the issue of COPR.

I know I need to provide an address for PR card in Canada (sorted - a ON address) and also may need to pay to get a Permanent Resident travel card issued for my return .

My question is, can I do the "landing" in Alberta for OINP, given that we are there only there on vacation, and just explain this to the Border agent, or will I need to "land" in Ontario prior to my December trip?

Apologies if this is covered in another thread, but there are that many threads I have read and couldn't see anything. Have tried emailing OINP - but I just get a stock answer saying I need to ask questions about PR to IRCC -but IRCC don't mind where I land, surely that's up to OINP?