CoPR Inland and Covid-19

miucat

Feb 27, 2018
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hey guys, I received an email this morning, seemingly landing me remotely. “I am pleased to advise that your application for pr in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now pr of Canada...This letter is an official doc issued by Ircc. You can provide a you are pr & to apply for gov benefits & services...you are still required to submit documentation to obtain pr card...”

I’ve paraphrased some of the info above. The letter goes on to say that if I have the CoPR document, I need to send it off with a photo to the address indicated. I received passport back from Ottawa on May 25th. I was just waiting until ircc offices reopen or the borders to do flagpoling.
Congratulations! I received passport back from Ottawa on the same date as you, hopefully to get the email soon.
BTW, why you need to do flagpoling as you are now a PR already?

Reactions: Wallyb

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Congratulations! I received passport back from Ottawa on the same date as you, hopefully to get the email soon.
BTW, why you need to do flagpoling as you are now a PR already?
No flagpoling necessary. Just send them back the CoPR document with a photo for them to proceed with the processing of the PR card.

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I guess what's important is PR card, OHIP (if the current one expired) and new SIN.
You are now able to apply for a new SIN online. I immediately did that yesterday when I received the letter. So, I guess I’m just now waiting to hear back from them. I did the same for the provincial health insurance.

Eli1001

Dec 11, 2019
You are now able to apply for a new SIN online. I immediately did that yesterday when I received the letter. So, I guess I’m just now waiting to hear back from them. I did the same for the provincial health insurance.
hi

can you please send the link where you applied for your SIN online? i called Service Canada and they said i should apply online but i do not find the link :-(
the only one i found is for people living in remote area.

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
thanks for the prompt response. i just applied, i chose change status and for current legal status i chose permanent resident! hope i did it correctly!
Yep! I think you did. That’s what made the most sense to me. I was also looking in another forum and saw that some persons who applied online received refusals and were told to reapply, which they did, and using the same documents that they had used prior. SIN was then issued. I’m presuming it may have been a kink in the system. We’ll see. I just wanted to give u a ‘heads-up’ on that.

Reactions: Eli1001
Jul 6, 2015
Hey guys! I just received the email!!!
Hi,
I am in the same boat PNP based PR and my OWP is expiring on July 07, 2020, received my COPR on 29th April and requested twice to validate COPR by web form but the same standard reply. I am glad to see your remote validation and hope now to get my COPR validation soon. Can you describe how you convinced IRCC to validate it remotely? Any specific matter sent to them any valid reasons or something for validate COPR on urgent basis, that would be a great help if you can share.

Reactions: BlackBearReloaded

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Hi,
I am in the same boat PNP based PR and my OWP is expiring on July 07, 2020, received my COPR on 29th April and requested twice to validate COPR by web form but the same standard reply. I am glad to see your remote validation and hope now to get my COPR validation soon. Can you describe how you convinced IRCC to validate it remotely? Any specific matter sent to them any valid reasons or something for validate COPR on urgent basis, that would be a great help if you can share.
Has the status of your COPR changed to invalid yet on your cic account?