+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR Inland and Covid-19

BlackBearReloaded

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I haven't seen any news for people in our situation in the last few days (people who received the passport back and CoPR letter via mail). It seems like the best situation is for those who received the CoPR via email because they also got their PR approval/ landing via email later.

Unfortunately, we will have to wait until the offices or border offices are open again.

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hey guys, I received an email this morning, seemingly landing me remotely. “I am pleased to advise that your application for pr in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now pr of Canada...This letter is an official doc issued by Ircc. You can provide a you are pr & to apply for gov benefits & services...you are still required to submit documentation to obtain pr card...”

I’ve paraphrased some of the info above. The letter goes on to say that if I have the CoPR document, I need to send it off with a photo to the address indicated. I received passport back from Ottawa on May 25th. I was just waiting until ircc offices reopen or the borders to do flagpoling.

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I haven't seen any news for people in our situation in the last few days (people who received the passport back and CoPR letter via mail). It seems like the best situation is for those who received the CoPR via email because they also got their PR approval/ landing via email later.

Unfortunately, we will have to wait until the offices or border offices are open again.
You may soon get an email then, because I was not expecting a remote landing either. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: BlackBearReloaded

BlackBearReloaded

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Hey guys, I received an email this morning, seemingly landing me remotely. “I am pleased to advise that your application for pr in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now pr of Canada...This letter is an official doc issued by Ircc. You can provide a you are pr & to apply for gov benefits & services...you are still required to submit documentation to obtain pr card...”

I’ve paraphrased some of the info above. The letter goes on to say that if I have the CoPR document, I need to send it off with a photo to the address indicated. I received passport back from Ottawa on May 25th. I was just waiting until ircc offices reopen or the borders to do flagpoling.
Glad to hear that. I hope I will get the same email soon.

Reactions: Wallyb

tanmay.sgs1991

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019

Did you send a webform requesting your landing?

I have done that twice but no answer so far.

hellboy1

May 21, 2020

Congratulations!! thank you for updating us here.
Happy to know they are processing the CoPR inland.
Do you have all you need to apply PR card although the CoPR document is not signed?

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Congratulations!! thank you for updating us here.
Happy to know they are processing the CoPR inland.
Do you have all you need to apply PR card although the CoPR document is not signed?
Thank you! Yes, I do believe so. The letter has instructed me to send the CoPR document along with one photo to start the process of the PR card, which they acknowledge may have delays. But the letter is good for 1 year as proof of my status. So, I’ll be taking it with me every where

hellboy1

May 21, 2020
Thank you! Yes, I do believe so. The letter has instructed me to send the CoPR document along with one photo to start the process of the PR card, which they acknowledge may have delays. But the letter is good for 1 year as proof of my status. So, I’ll be taking it with me every where
I guess what's important is PR card, OHIP (if the current one expired) and new SIN.

BlackBearReloaded

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I guess what's important is PR card, OHIP (if the current one expired) and new SIN.
But with that letter he can apply for a new SIN and for the province healthcare plan, thus it's still a good thing to have it. In my case I need just this letter to get a new SIN because my current WP will expire in July. With the new SIN, I will not be on a hurry to get the PR card.

BlackBearReloaded

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
By the way, they just replied a web form I sent on Monday. I asked for information about how to proceed with the landing and that I already had received the CoPR letter and my passport a few weeks ago. The answer says my situation is resolved but I haven't received that email saying I am already a PR. I hope that email is on their "queue".

Good day BlackBearReloaded,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

While examining your file, we were pleased to notice that the situation reported in your Web form request is now resolved.

Do not hesitate to contact us via the IRCC Web form for any other enquiry.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Stephanie, agent ____
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

priyanka93

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
I also noticed an update in my IRCC profile. My COPR letter was updated to invalid today. I hope they will generate a new virtual one with the PR email.

Mine was updated to the same this morning. I had sent a webform two weeks ago asking for how to proceed with confirmation of PR, but I received the generic response which said all appointments are cancelled etc. My COPR expires on July 8 this year, hopefully will receive something in the email soon.

Reactions: BlackBearReloaded

BlackBearReloaded

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Mine was updated to the same this morning. I had sent a webform two weeks ago asking for how to proceed with confirmation of PR, but I received the generic response which said all appointments are cancelled etc. My COPR expires on July 8 this year, hopefully will receive something in the email soon.
A friend of mine said that 2 days after getting this update he got the PR confirmation email. I hope we will get ours by Monday or Tuesday.