+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR Inland and Covid-19

ELlouise

Sep 10, 2015
Just curious what does the letter says .. does it says to schedule interview ?
May 22 Response:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your inability to travel before the expiration of your COPR and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Mar 18:

We verified the information you provided regarding the extension request and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

Furthermore, we received your enquiry regarding the confirmation of your Permanent Resident (PR) status in Canada.

The office in Edmonton, Alberta should contact you within 8 weeks in order to schedule your landing appointment.

ELlouise

Sep 10, 2015
seems like there is no standard process. Till now I have seen various scenarios in different forums-
1. Direct COPR via email, asking to start with PR card process.
2. COPR then validation via email.
3. COPR then validation via phone call.
4. COPR Via mail then asking to wait for further process.

looks like the process is up the visa officer's discretion.
I wonder what is that “further process” They are talking in #4

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
May 22 Response:

We verified the information you provided regarding your inability to travel before the expiration of your COPR and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

Mar 18:

We verified the information you provided regarding the extension request and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

Furthermore, we received your enquiry regarding the confirmation of your Permanent Resident (PR) status in Canada.

The office in Edmonton, Alberta should contact you within 8 weeks in order to schedule your landing appointment.
I mean to say the COPR does ask you to arrange interview ?

ratan-229944

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
In this letter you mean? It clearly say I have to wait
ohk. I think you don't have any option other than webform request & wait !! I know this is damn frustrating.
I see some applications get the entire process completed in 3/4 month on other hand people are struggling to get in even after 1 year.

BlackBearReloaded

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
They just replied the form request that I sent last Friday with that same generic response and no directions about how I can proceed to confirm my landing - I am PNP inland applicant and received my CoPR last Friday.

Good day ______________,

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

To manage the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the Prime Minister announced travel restrictions that will limit travel to Canada.

We understand that these measures will affect several IRCC clients, including those who have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and are currently inside Canada.

• Validating a COPR at a Port of Entry (POE):
    • due to the current travel restrictions, you should not travel to a POE to validate your COPR,
    • travelling to a POE from inside Canada for the purpose of getting immigration services is not considered essential travel, and you will not receive these services.
  • Appointment at a local IRCC office:
  • What happens next?
    • maintaining a legal temporary resident status is an important requirement. If your status is about to expire, you must apply online for an extension (visitor, student or worker),
    • we invite you to visit our website regularly to receive up-to-date information as more announcements are made.
Please be assured that we continue to closely monitor the situation and provide you with the most current information as the situation evolves.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

____, agent _____
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
I have no idea how to approve my CoPR now.

Oliverk

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
there are no ways for inland applicants with copr and stamped visa to validate their PR. IRCC should have contacted those inland applicants who haven't booked an appointment and got their COPR and Visa stamped. i guess it's approved, which means their applications have been finished.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
They just replied the form request that I sent last Friday with that same generic response and no directions about how I can proceed to confirm my landing - I am PNP inland applicant and received my CoPR last Friday.

You need to wait. IRCC is landing people in Canada remotely but it is not happening quickly. Either they will contact you or you will be able to flagpole when restrictions are listed.

BlackBearReloaded

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
You need to wait. IRCC is landing people in Canada remotely but it is not happening quickly. Either they will contact you or you will be able to flagpole when restrictions are listed.
I hope so. In my specific case, I need the PR approval to get a new Social Insurance Number to update my situation with my employer because my work permit expires in July. I know I can apply to renew it but it's more time, money and stress to be spent in someone that can be avoided if they approve my PR via phone or mail, for example.

I explained the whole situation in the webform but I doubt the attedant even read the details I wrote there since the reply sounded like an automatic message.

SAgrrl

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi All,

I got landed remotely and got sent the COPR by email this week. I had previously sent my passport to Ottawa in march and finally got the back this week. However the COPR number on the physical COPR doesn't match the one they sent in the email.

Anyonelse dealing with a similar issue?

Oliverk

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Hi All,

I got landed remotely and got sent the COPR by email this week. I had previously sent my passport to Ottawa in march and finally got the back this week. However the COPR number on the physical COPR doesn't match the one they sent in the email.

Anyonelse dealing with a similar issue?
did you get your application approved before this PR landing?

Oliverk

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019

me too. i got a reply saying that no appointments can be made at this time.

BlackBearReloaded

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
What's not clear at this point is if IRCC is contacting us from their initiative to proceed with the landing (via phone, mail, or email) or if we need to contact them to do so.

hellboy1

May 21, 2020
What's not clear at this point is if IRCC is contacting us from their initiative to proceed with the landing (via phone, mail, or email) or if we need to contact them to do so.
They should start using video call for interviewing inland CoPR.
I'm still trying to understand what they want to accomplished with the interview though, most of us are already in Canada for a year or more with work permit.

Reactions: BlackBearReloaded