+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR for applicants from visa waiver countries

PEQ2013

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
Hi guys,

I am an in-land PR applicant (through QSW) and I am from a visa waiver country. My application has been in process for almost three months now. From what I can gather, there will be no PPR for me and I will get my COPR directly. My question is: before I get my COPR, will I receive an email saying that my application has been approved and I should expect my COPR in the post? Or will I only receive it without any prior notification? Can those of you who have received COPR as an in-land applicant from a visa waiver country share your experiences?

I ask because I have changed my postal address since my application has been received by CIC. Even though I have updated my address on ECAS, my previous communication from CIC is still showing my previous address in the header. I am worried that they might send my COPR to the old address without me realising it. What do you guys think?

Thanks for the information in advance!

arif.jabbar

Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Although, I am not from visa exempt country; but what I found on this forum is you wont get any prior notification. Once they issue COPR, after 3 days your ecas will change to DM from 'in process' status.

You should do things;

1) email ottawa and mention your new address
2) I think there is some way through which Canada post can forward all your mails from previous address to the new one. Check canada post website for this.

Hope this helps.

bbsesame

Oct 16, 2013
I am from visa-exempt country. My status changed to DM on Oct 10, but I still haven't received the COPR.

bbsesame

Oct 16, 2013
I just checked my mailbox and I received the COPR today! :D
It's been such a long wait, and we finally get it!

PEQ2013

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
It turned out that they sent my COPR to my old address. I managed to retrieve it from my previous landlord, thank god for that! Apparently when you changed your address on ECAS, it doesn't go through to the VO. I didn't know about that!