+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR fees of VAC in NY

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi!

I had all my packages registered and sent to IRCC save for my youngest daughter who's a US citizen. The help center agent was unable to locate her package and even asked me stupid questions like "have you sent her documents...", etc?
Is there ANY WAY to contact the NYC VAC directly and understand what's going on with the docs...
They allow walk-in if you're close enough. I guess you already called 888 296 4511 ?

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
They allow walk-in if you're close enough. I guess you already called 888 296 4511 ?
Calling now. I'm in Boston but I'll drive to NYC if there are no updates on my daughter's case in the next few days and our passports get stamped.
I wonder what happens if her documents never reach IRCC, does it automatically cancel our PR visas/CoPRs, or how do we bring her to Canada with us...

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Calling now. I'm in Boston but I'll drive to NYC if there are no updates on my daughter's case in the next few days and our passports get stamped.
I wonder what happens if her documents never reach IRCC, does it automatically cancel our PR visas/CoPRs, or how do we bring her to Canada with us...
Don't put on too much fear. Phone options: 1 (for English), then 8 (for customer help).

hbk

Jan 28, 2022
Hi!

I had all my packages registered and sent to IRCC save for my youngest daughter who's a US citizen. The help center agent was unable to locate her package and even asked me stupid questions like "have you sent her documents...", etc?
Is there ANY WAY to contact the NYC VAC directly and understand what's going on with the docs...
Hey! So finally did the tracking number worked? Did you also got the email notifications for your application or you found your tracking number only through web chat?

hbk

Jan 28, 2022
Hey guys. I'm really confused what the "Return Label" is? The shipping label (pdf) they gave me only looks like:

TO
CANADA VISA APPLICATION CENTRE
145 WEST 45TH STREET, 4TH FLOOR

and doesn't have a return page ?!? I downloaded this directly from https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/ after paying for 2-way courier online.
The return label will be generated when they ship back. You just have to send your package using the label you downloaded.

Reactions: habibi123

mostlysane

Oct 2, 2018
If it helps, I have once again bombarded their chat since early morning and they gave me a long tracking number starting with 2022*** for my passport submission. I emphasize "my" since they haven't registered the remaining 3 dependents yet, and this tracking number still yields no results in their tracking system: "no records found"
These guys are painfully slow, and the IRCCs 30-day clock is ticking...
My passport reached on the 32nd day at IRCC. They are aware of the glitches and hence are a bit lenient with the 30day deadline.

hbk

Jan 28, 2022
My passport reached on the 32nd day at IRCC. They are aware of the glitches and hence are a bit lenient with the 30day deadline.
How many days it took for you from passport being delivered at NY VAC to getting the first email with tracking number ?

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thank you! Good to know! Visa/CoPR issued, all good?

P.S. Did you also have the same issue of not getting tracking for all applicants from VAC on the same day? We have 3 passports out of 4 in IRCC for two days now, and one not yet registered by VAC.

mehnaz786786

Jan 6, 2013
Hello, I got the request to submit the passport to NY VAC for COPR and visa. I emailed vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com to send the details on how to submit the documents. However, it's been 4 days and I haven't heard anything.
Do I need to wait or is there any online process to generate a 2-way FEDEX label? Please suggest it's already getting delayed I have 15 days left to meet the 30-day deadline. Thanks

mehnaz786786

Jan 6, 2013
Hi, Please help. I am trying to send my passports to VAC NY location. I am the primary applicant with my spouse and 2 kids are part of the immigration. Do i need to add 4 applicants or just me as primary applicant.

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi, Please help. I am trying to send my passports to VAC NY location. I am the primary applicant with my spouse and 2 kids are part of the immigration. Do i need to add 4 applicants or just me as primary applicant.
You need to send all 4 pasports for stamping in separate packages. Here is my guide for ppl who are not visa exempt:

0) take photocopies of passports for record

1) take 2x pictures for each person, label each on the back:
name
dob
app. no.
photo studio
address
date taking photo
bring tape & specs to check before paying photographer
put each photo in a small envelope, on envelope: name, dob, app. no.
put both small envelopes between passport pages

2) go to bank and order a cashier check of $22.8 for each person:
(optional) with SMS fee: $22.8 + $2.5 = $25.3
recipient: VFS Services (USA) Inc.
Memo: transmission + SMS fee

3) print passport request letter for each person
fill out the appendix table for the whole family

4) go to VAC website provided in passport request letter
check if there are any updates
create new FedEx label order at https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/Home/Index
fill out info for each family member
pay online
download and print confirmation letter & shipping labels

5) print 2x consent forms for each person:
sign page 2 & 4

6) put everything for each person in a separage package:
include an page: name, phone, address, email
glue shipping label outside package
superscribe envelope: ORIGINAL PASSPORT SUBMISSION -- Indiv. Ref. No.

7) Go to FedEx:
use paddled envelopes, throughly seal
bring pen, glue/tape, scissors, evelopes
drop off and confirm tracking