+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR fees of VAC in NY

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
May I know how long it took for you to have your passports delivered to the VFS office till you got them back with COPR ?
package arrived VFS NY on Dec 16th
VFS dispatches package to IRCC on Dec 21
IRCC received package on Dec 22
COPR confirmed on Dec 30th and dispatched back to VFS
VFS sent out return package on Jan 4th, 2022
Arrived at my home on Jan 5th/

My timeline may not reflect everyone's because I'm from a Visa Exempt country and sent a passport photocopy instead of the actual passport.

Reactions: bluehorse

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022

My timeline may not reflect everyone's because I'm from a Visa Exempt country and sent a passport photocopy instead of the actual passport.
Thanks for sharing the timeline. My son holds a U.S passport which is visa exempt and I had sent them a passport photocopy. This timeline helps to determine the approximate time it would take to get the passport back ...

Reactions: raindropcreature

Slldc

Jun 19, 2020

Can I ask how you track these timelines?

mostlysane

Oct 2, 2018
Hello everyone. I have submitted my passport to the VAC in New York 2 weeks back but I haven't received any status update. They asked me for a receipt last monday which I submitted at once. My 30 days deadline to submit passport to IRCC ends today. Is that something to worry. Do they consider the timeline for when IRCC receives the passport or when we mail to VFS ?

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
How do I track it if the tracker is asking for the confirmation number the VAC never provided to me? They're sending the generic responses saying that "passports need to be registered in the system first before you receive a tracking number" and pushing the deadline for this process from 3-5 to 10 business days now.
I am afraid they've lost my passports - I've seen no updates on the IRCC account either.

hbk

Jan 28, 2022
Hello everyone. I have submitted my passport to the VAC in New York 2 weeks back but I haven't received any status update. They asked me for a receipt last monday which I submitted at once. My 30 days deadline to submit passport to IRCC ends today. Is that something to worry. Do they consider the timeline for when IRCC receives the passport or when we mail to VFS ?
Hey! I also submitted my passport at VAC NY last week and still no update. What receipt did they ask for? Did they ask for this after your passport was delivered?

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey! I also submitted my passport at VAC NY last week and still no update. What receipt did they ask for? Did they ask for this after your passport was delivered?
If it helps, I have once again bombarded their chat since early morning and they gave me a long tracking number starting with 2022*** for my passport submission. I emphasize "my" since they haven't registered the remaining 3 dependents yet, and this tracking number still yields no results in their tracking system: "no records found"
These guys are painfully slow, and the IRCCs 30-day clock is ticking...

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi all. I just got Ready for Visa email (1 applicant + 1 dependent). Should we send both passports in the same envelope to VAC or mail them separately?

hbk

Jan 28, 2022
If it helps, I have once again bombarded their chat since early morning and they gave me a long tracking number starting with 2022*** for my passport submission. I emphasize "my" since they haven't registered the remaining 3 dependents yet, and this tracking number still yields no results in their tracking system: "no records found"
I just had a online chat but of no help. Just the usual response that it takes 6-8 business days to upload information. We have to wait and see.

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
How do you chat/contact them? The custom reps never pick up phone?!?

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
How do you chat/contact them? The custom reps never pick up phone?!?
Web chat, customer phone, email, multiple times a day also spamming them in the VFS global Facebook haha.
Web chat is the most responsive so far!
I have learned my ways to bother the lazy authorities/bureaucrats! Just leave them no option to ignore you!

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hey guys. I'm really confused what the "Return Label" is? The shipping label (pdf) they gave me only looks like:

TO
CANADA VISA APPLICATION CENTRE
145 WEST 45TH STREET, 4TH FLOOR

and doesn't have a return page ?!? I downloaded this directly from https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/ after paying for 2-way courier online.

Last edited:

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi!

I had all my packages registered and sent to IRCC save for my youngest daughter who's a US citizen. The help center agent was unable to locate her package and even asked me stupid questions like "have you sent her documents...", etc?
Is there ANY WAY to contact the NYC VAC directly and understand what's going on with the docs...