Red1992

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
19-03-2018
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
Hi folks, can anybody answer my questions please.
1. Do we need to attach a copy of confirmation of permanent residence copy with our citizenship application?
2. If we have studied for two years in Canada, do we still need to attach a copy of language proficiency test?
One of my friend told me that, his file was returned for not attaching COPR copy, I was wondering why do we need that when we have attached copy of PR card.
Can anybody please reply to clear my doubt.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi folks, can anybody answer my questions please.
1. Do we need to attach a copy of confirmation of permanent residence copy with our citizenship application?
2. If we have studied for two years in Canada, do we still need to attach a copy of language proficiency test?
One of my friend told me that, his file was returned for not attaching COPR copy, I was wondering why do we need that when we have attached copy of PR card.
Can anybody please reply to clear my doubt.
1. No. It is not something that is required as part of the application package. When in doubt about what to include, check the guide and checklist (both available from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-adults.html)

2. If the studies you did in Canada earned you a certificate, degree, or diploma you can include a copy of that credential as proof of language proficiency instead of the result of a language test. The basic overview of suitable documents is at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=571&top=5, the complete list is at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#language

Reactions: carl321

Red1992

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
19-03-2018
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
Thank you for the reply. I have read the documents and made my file ready to mail but one of my friend has told me about attaching a copy of COPR and ielts copy. it created this question in my head. I will go ahead and mail my application now.
Thanks again.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Thank you for the reply. I have read the documents and made my file ready to mail but one of my friend has told me about attaching a copy of COPR and ielts copy. it created this question in my head. I will go ahead and mail my application now.
Thanks again.
You can submit the result of an IELTS test and of the COPR as well; it won't harm your application to provide more documentation than is strictly needed. If you do that, do remember to take the originals to your test and interview. But neither document is necessary (assuming your Canadian studies meet the requirements).

Red1992

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
19-03-2018
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
Hi there, I have one more question if you can answer please.
In application, for question number 15- Language evidence, there are 3 boxes that we need to check.
For box 1, it says, do you have proof of knowledge of English or French, for which I have checked yes, because I have a degree in Canada, completed in English language.
For box 2, it asks did you successfully complete the LINC or CLIC courses at CLB 4/NCLC 4 or higher form January 1st 2008- October 31st 2012? What should i check for this? YES OR NO? I have CELPIP general test report with me. So what should I check?
For box 3, it says if you did course and do not have certificate check yes and we will check in our system-
What should I check for this? Yes or no?

Just letting know what I have for proof of language, I have degree in Canada, and also have CELPIP score report as I had to attend for PNP in the past. So please h
Please reply.
Thank you,

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi there, I have one more question if you can answer please.
In application, for question number 15- Language evidence, there are 3 boxes that we need to check.
For box 1, it says, do you have proof of knowledge of English or French, for which I have checked yes, because I have a degree in Canada, completed in English language.
For box 2, it asks did you successfully complete the LINC or CLIC courses at CLB 4/NCLC 4 or higher form January 1st 2008- October 31st 2012? What should i check for this? YES OR NO? I have CELPIP general test report with me. So what should I check?
For box 3, it says if you did course and do not have certificate check yes and we will check in our system-
What should I check for this? Yes or no?

Just letting know what I have for proof of language, I have degree in Canada, and also have CELPIP score report as I had to attend for PNP in the past. So please h
Please reply.
Thank you,
If you took the provincial/IRCC funded language classes and completed those then you check yes for box 2. If you did not you check no. Box 3 only applies if you checked yes for box 2, and should be checked if you took one of those courses but did not receive a paper completion certificate.

CELPIP and the degree both fall under the proof of knowledge of English or French that is asked about in box 1, so you would check yes, and then include photocopies of your degree, your CELPIP result, or both.

Reactions: Red1992

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
IS COPR really needed for Citizenship interview?
I cant find mine.
No, it's not necessary (One or two people (out of the hundreds on this forum) were asked for their CoPR at the interview, even though it's not a required document for a citizenship application).

You must have your PR card. If you have lost your PR card you should contact IRCC and declare it lost (and fill out the necessary paperwork).

Red1992

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
19-03-2018
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
If you took the provincial/IRCC funded language classes and completed those then you check yes for box 2. If you did not you check no. Box 3 only applies if you checked yes for box 2, and should be checked if you took one of those courses but did not receive a paper completion certificate.

CELPIP and the degree both fall under the proof of knowledge of English or French that is asked about in box 1, so you would check yes, and then include photocopies of your degree, your CELPIP result, or both.
Thank you very much.

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
I was under the strong impression that we have to submit copy of PR card / COPR alongwith the application. Now I am not seeing both of these among required documents list in both the checklist and guide. I don't know whether it was removed or it was my wrong impression some how.

1) I have Passport, Driving Licence and Ontario Health Card. What I understand from these thread is that if I send these documents, I don't have to send PR card or COPR. Am I right? Please confirm.

2) The instruction guide talks about Passport plus one photo ID, or two photo IDs. Again it list another item called "photo copy of personal identification "- what is this one?

Last edited:

sebbie

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
I was under the strong impression that we have to submit copy of PR card / COPR alongwith the application. Now I am not seeing both of these among required documents list in both the checklist and guide. I don't know whether it was removed or it was my wrong impression some how.

I have Passport, Driving Licence and Ontario Health Card. What I understand from these thread is that if I send these documents, I don't have to send PR card or COPR. Am I right? Please confirm.

COPR was removed from the check list with the new application package starting Oct 16 2017

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
COPR was removed from the check list with the new application package starting Oct 16 2017
Thanks. Is PR card required if I submit passport and driving license/ health card?

What is "photo copy of personal identification " mentioned last in the guide after listing passport and two photo ids?

Red1992

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
19-03-2018
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
Thanks. Is PR card required if I submit passport and driving license/ health card?

What is "photo copy of personal identification " mentioned last in the guide after listing passport and two photo ids?
I have included Drivers license, PR card and health card for personal identification photo copies.

shahzadpir

Jun 12, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER (21-10-2014)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
03-12-2014
Med's Done....
14-12-2014
Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulilah)
Passport Req..
29-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2015

My question is regarding the LINC for Question 15.

My wife attended LINC classes in 2016 from Jan to July and she received a certificate with her score 4,4,5,5. So for Question 15 a), she would select Yes, is that right?
and for second part of the question where it says " Did you successully complete the LINC or CLIC courses at CLB 4/NCLC4 or higher from January st, 2008 to October 31st, 2012?.... so what should she say here "Yes or No?
based on this reply she has to select the following box where it says "If yes, and you do not have a copy of your certificate, please check the following box". I guess, if she select NO, then no need to check this box.
Would appreciate if you can provide your opinion?