PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
Does your wife get eligibility as she being sister -in-law to your sister and in extended family sis-in-law is not defined or is it?
i read it somewhere, yes.. i will double check once i receive the passports back..

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
i read it somewhere, yes.. i will double check once i receive the passports back..
Have you applied for AL yet or have your sister filled up imm0006 in front of oath officer which is to be submitted to ircc?
Do tell of the progress.

hassankm

Nov 11, 2015
Erbil - Iraq
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
Have you applied for AL yet or have your sister filled up imm0006 in front of oath officer which is to be submitted to ircc?
Do tell of the progress.
not yet.. i am waiting for the passports.. they are at visa office in Amman.. once we get it back with the CoPR..i will staert the process of AL..

nilact

Jul 1, 2018
Guys,
No luck. Couldn't travel without AL. Personnel from the Air India documentation desk at Delhi airport informed me that I couldn't travel without AL. People with immediate family can travel. She quoted the same rule from the website. I told her that I have a valid Visa, CoPR and it was going to expire on Jan 31st but no use. Don't know how did few people who shared their experience of travel without AL made it. Tough luck. Guess long wait again.
To me, it seems that it all boils down to the person at the desk and the CBSA officer at the port of entry.

Air India is the worst in this case. I've not heard a single case where in Air Canada people denied boarding.

nilact

Jul 1, 2018
I have also booked the air Canada for 12th January first and then postponed for 14th February and thus one is also near and my CoPR is valid till 30th of March. And I haven't got the authorization letter from IRCC yet. So, I don't know what to do.
If you have COPR before 18th March, with AL you can fly without any issue.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
It would be clever to mention “reunification with extended family member”.
And of course, don’t forget to attach the IMM0006 form, sibling proof, Copy of COPR & PRV, and a quarantine plan.
Hello,

I just received my PPR letter just last week. I plan to send my Passport this week. My sister is a Canadian citizen so I will be applying for an AL. I plan to quarantine at her place.
Couple of questions though:

- Is AL hard to get?
- Is "reunification with extended family member" enough reason to state? Or would be a good idea to elaborate more on the subject? In my case, as most of you I just want to land to settle.
Can those who already got AL share more on the subject please.

Best Regards

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hi everyone,

My CoPR that had been issued on 06 Oct 2020 expired on 04 Feb 2021, which was also the expiry date of my medical. I have now received a request letter in my account for re-taking my medical exam. I also noticed that my application status has been changed from "Approved" to again "in progress". I mean it is "in progress" for all my Eligibility, Background Check and Final Decision sections. Does this mean that my application has to once again be processed altogether?

Ann7676

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

My CoPR that had been issued on 06 Oct 2020 expired on 04 Feb 2021, which was also the expiry date of my medical. I have now received a request letter in my account for re-taking my medical exam. I also noticed that my application status has been changed from "Approved" to again "in progress". I mean it is "in progress" for all my Eligibility, Background Check and Final Decision sections. Does this mean that my application has to once again be processed altogether?
No, you have to pass the medical examination, that's it

Reactions: Mikem86

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
No, you have to pass the medical examination, that's it
I passed the medical exam yesterday, which has also been updated in my account. However, the status of my application has only been changed to 'submitted" instead of "approved". I am actually extremely worried. Even the biometrics number has been removed from my profile. It seems as though they are again processing my application from scratch after having been approved once!

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with app filed, app recieved 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
IELTS band 6.0, TEF B1/B2 sent with app filed
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
Dear friends, I am COPRer after 18 march, and also have AL beacause I am extended member of Canadians(my sister and my parents). The fact is that I travel with my wife and 2 kids who also have COPR and I am principal applicant(PA). Is there anyone successfully travel to Canada with only AL of PA? By the way, I sent other applications for AL for my wife and 2 kids 3 days ago, but I don't know they will approve them or not?

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
I have similar situation and my wife AL is rejected
Dear friends, I am COPRer after 18 march, and also have AL beacause I am extended member of Canadians(my sister and my parents). The fact is that I travel with my wife and 2 kids who also have COPR and I am principal applicant(PA). Is there anyone successfully travel to Canada with only AL of PA? By the way, I sent other applications for AL for my wife and 2 kids 3 days ago, but I don't know they will approve them or not?