PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
regarding the AL to reunite with extended family member (my sister) do i have to go to the same province? and i think i have to submit 4 forms to get 4 AL right?

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
regarding the AL to reunite with extended family member (my sister) do i have to go to the same province? and i think i have to submit 4 forms to get 4 AL right?
[/QUOTE
I personally intend to quarantine in a different province where my extended family members lives and the need fly to my province after the quarantine is over. You’ll need to submit the IMM0006 form (which should be completed and notarized in Canada), COPR, PRV, and a quarantine plan to the exemptions email address.
Where are you from?

hassankm

Nov 11, 2015
Erbil - Iraq
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07-08-2020
AOR Received.
14-08-2020
Med's Done....
28-09-2020
lebanon..our passports are currently in Amman for visa.

Reactions: KoKo_

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
4 forms as in for each of your family member? Spouse and kids?

truecaller

Oct 26, 2020
Guys,
No luck. Couldn't travel without AL. Personnel from the Air India documentation desk at Delhi airport informed me that I couldn't travel without AL. People with immediate family can travel. She quoted the same rule from the website. I told her that I have a valid Visa, CoPR and it was going to expire on Jan 31st but no use. Don't know how did few people who shared their experience of travel without AL made it. Tough luck. Guess long wait again.
Its well known that Air India is restricting people from travelling without AL's. But Air Canada does not seem to ask any questions. One of my friend traveled last week on Air Canada from New Delhi and he is in Canada now

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Its well known that Air India is restricting people from travelling without AL's. But Air Canada does not seem to ask any questions. One of my friend traveled last week on Air Canada from New Delhi and he is in Canada now
I doubt it.. as someone mentioned on a thread the other day that Air Canada is not letting travelers board flights without AL.

truecaller

Oct 26, 2020
I doubt it.. as someone mentioned on a thread the other day that Air Canada is not letting travelers board flights without AL.
Can you provide the reference to that thread?

Because as of today, Post 18 COPR people have boarded AirCanada from Delhi without AL's and they were able to successfully land without any issue.

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Can you provide the reference to that thread?

Because as of today, Post 18 COPR people have boarded AirCanada from Delhi without AL's and they were able to successfully land without any issue.
Frankly speaking I don't recall the exact page, but it was definitely on below thread around page 800 somewhere.
COPR and coronavirus

Also, if you check below "Will I be allowed entry to Canada", it states
"Yes – Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and immediate family members holding a valid travel document are permitted to board flights to Canada."
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/book/travel-news-and-updates/2020/new-entry-requirements.html

I also called CBSA, Air India and Air Canada and they all mentioned that we require AL to travel, so not sure, how travelers are being allowed to board the flights in the first place. I was thinking of taking a chance last week as well, but after all those phone calls and reading online decided otherwise.

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
So people with expired COPR and visa can travel with an AL? Or do they get the visa stamped again?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

Expired COPR and PRV
IRCC may have contacted applicants or will contact them to ask them if they are able to travel to Canada now to live and settle here. Once they are approved to come to Canada, officers will issue the applicants the documents they need to travel. Applicants should not be reaching out to IRCC.

Travelling from any country other than the US (group 3)
If the COPR and PRV were issued on or before March 18, 2020 but are now expired, the applicant

• is exempt from the travel restrictions
  • can travel to Canada for non-discretionary reasons with the COPR and PRV in order to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident and
  • must have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada
Applicants must check the issue date in the Application Details section of their COPR to see if this applies to them.