+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and Travel Restrictions

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Wouldn’t she be considered as immediate family? If yes, below should apply to her, right?

Recommended documentation for travel
Note: Immediate family members of Canadian citizens, persons registered as Indians under the Indian Act or permanent residents do not require any written authorization from IRCC.
Exactly @ssp2020

Reactions: ssp2020

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Mine is valid until April 15th and I'm extended family member (with a written authorization from IRCC). I believe we are both exempted and can travel.

addy442

Jan 10, 2020
Guys,
No luck. Couldn't travel without AL. Personnel from the Air India documentation desk at Delhi airport informed me that I couldn't travel without AL. People with immediate family can travel. She quoted the same rule from the website. I told her that I have a valid Visa, CoPR and it was going to expire on Jan 31st but no use. Don't know how did few people who shared their experience of travel without AL made it. Tough luck. Guess long wait again.

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Guys,
No luck. Couldn't travel without AL. Personnel from the Air India documentation desk at Delhi airport informed me that I couldn't travel without AL. People with immediate family can travel. She quoted the same rule from the website. I told her that I have a valid Visa, CoPR and it was going to expire on Jan 31st but no use. Don't know how did few people who shared their experience of travel without AL made it. Tough luck. Guess long wait again.
Sorry to hear that. But thanks for sharing this as now we have concrete information to go off of otherwise it was just a hearsay.

Let's hope for the best and something good to come in next month or so.

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Guys,
Sorry to hear this! By AL you mean the written authorization provided by IRCC?

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
I received it and I am COPR & PRV post March 18th holder, I've been wondering If I can travel given all the conditions stated.

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
I received it and I am COPR & PRV post March 18th holder, I've been wondering If I can travel given all the conditions stated.
If I were you, I would run with it like no tomorrow :). Book the next flight possible and start your new chapter in life.

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
It doesn't matter If my COPR and Visa were issued post March 18th as long as I have that exemption letter (extended family member)?

ssp2020

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
It doesn't matter If my COPR and Visa were issued post March 18th as long as I have that exemption letter (extended family member)?
Nope.. you should be good to go. The whole purpose of exemption is to be able to travel now..irrespective of when was your COPR issued in case of reunification with families extended or immediate.

Reactions: Yassinesnit