+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR and Soft Landing -- regarding B4

riskybiscuit

Jan 6, 2017
Hello,

I have recently received my CoPR from Canada Visa Office. My entry date however is before Nov 02, 2017 due to the validity being based off an earlier medical exam.

I do not plan to settle until February 2018 due to some reasons with family and work.

I do, however, plan to do a soft landing sometime in August.

My question is: how do I fill out the B4 + B4A? I have electronic professional equipment I would ideally like to bring back to Canada in February but not during the soft landing as I still use it in my home country..

Is it as simple as filling out the B4 saying that I have nothing on me and then populating the "Goods to Follow" list with the things I plan to bring for my final settlement? Sorry if this sounds like a no-brainer.

riskybiscuit

Jan 6, 2017
Depending on the officer you met at airport, the goods to follow form might not be accepted at soft landing. With regards to electronic equipment, you might need a step up electricity converter.

To fill the form, read the thread below:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/form-b4-goods-to-follow-accompanying-list-how-to.44793/
Thanks Steaky! I was able to read the link earlier actually which is why I posted since I feel like it didn't answer my concerns.

For the soft landing, I'm not bringing anything other than a weekend's worth of clothes. I only plan to stay a couple days. I'm still not sure how I would fill out the B4 due to this.

When you say that the officer might not accept my goods to follow form, does this mean that they will defer this process at a later dat when I tell them I am ready to do my final settlement.

I've actually live in Canada for over 9 years prior to this. So a lot of my stuff is already in the country. I don't plan to bring too much when I settle back as most of my stuff is already in my friend's storage locker in Toronto.

ybhypnotic

Jan 4, 2017
Thanks Steaky! I was able to read the link earlier actually which is why I posted since I feel like it didn't answer my concerns.

For the soft landing, I'm not bringing anything other than a weekend's worth of clothes. I only plan to stay a couple days. I'm still not sure how I would fill out the B4 due to this.

When you say that the officer might not accept my goods to follow form, does this mean that they will defer this process at a later dat when I tell them I am ready to do my final settlement.

I've actually live in Canada for over 9 years prior to this. So a lot of my stuff is already in the country. I don't plan to bring too much when I settle back as most of my stuff is already in my friend's storage locker in Toronto.
Hey Riskybiscuit,

I am planning to do soft landing like you did. And like you I do not have many things to take now as all things will follow on future. How did you proceed with B4 form? Did you fill anything on the form for things that are with you now?

Looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks.