+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
Just a warning/heads-up to everyone here from someone who was stupid enough to not read details carefully.

I read the part about fully-vaccinated people being exempt from quarantine. But didn't read on further, in a different section, where it was mentioned that they still need to have a quarantine plan and submit it via ArriveCan.

I booked an AirBnB which is not suitable for quarantine and can't get a refund anymore so have to sort this out and possibly lose a large amount of money. So, just wanted to remind others to not be like me and look at all the requirements before booking anything!

klksunny

Jun 30, 2017
Just a warning/heads-up to everyone here from someone who was stupid enough to not read details carefully.

I read the part about fully-vaccinated people being exempt from quarantine. But didn't read on further, in a different section, where it was mentioned that they still need to have a quarantine plan and submit it via ArriveCan.

I booked an AirBnB which is not suitable for quarantine and can't get a refund anymore so have to sort this out and possibly lose a large amount of money. So, just wanted to remind others to not be like me and look at all the requirements before booking anything!
Sorry to hear that..could you please elaborate more?
Were you asked at the airport for a quarantine plan?

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
Were you asked at the airport for a quarantine plan?
Oh, I haven't arrived yet.

I booked my airbnb because I was getting a reasonable price. I then started looking into all the travel requirements to start preparing. But, that's when I saw that I need to have a quarantine plan and submit it to them through the app. My airbnb does not allow for quarantine and I can't cancel and get a refund (even a reasonable amount) even though I have a few weeks left to travel.

So, I need to figure out my options in this case while trying to minimize further expenses. :/

could you please elaborate more?
I can try and answer your questions but you will have to be a bit more specific about what information you are looking for.

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear this, but don't be too tough with yourself, everybody can make mistakes.
Keep focus on the final objective, which is making your dream reality.

Good luck

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
Sorry to hear this, but don't be too tough with yourself, everybody can make mistakes.
Keep focus on the final objective, which is making your dream reality.
Thank you for the kind words. Appreciate it! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tahhi

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
Oh, I haven't arrived yet.

I booked my airbnb because I was getting a reasonable price. I then started looking into all the travel requirements to start preparing. But, that's when I saw that I need to have a quarantine plan and submit it to them through the app. My airbnb does not allow for quarantine and I can't cancel and get a refund (even a reasonable amount) even though I have a few weeks left to travel.

So, I need to figure out my options in this case while trying to minimize further expenses. :/

I can try and answer your questions but you will have to be a bit more specific about what information you are looking for.
It happens, a little hiccup in the amazing journey ahead of you. All a part of the learning and how its meant to be. Thankyou for being so humble and sharing.

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020

Why Airbnb not suitable for quarantine? Are you sharing rooms with other? If you are taking the room alone then what would be the problem? Just travel to Airbnb & stay there. We just need to spend time in the room for 2-3 days until we get the negative results notification. Isn`t it so or am I missing something?

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
If you are taking the room alone then what would be the problem? Just travel to Airbnb & stay there. We just need to spend time in the room for 2-3 days until we get the negative results notification. Isn`t it so or am I missing something?
As per the guidelines, shared living spaces are not acceptable. Can't really stay inside a private room for up to 14 days (worst-case scenario) without the need to cook, for example. Plus, the place I booked specified it's not available for quarantine. It has at least one more room that they have listed on AirBnB so there is a high possibility of at least one more person staying there during that same period.

Even if the potential test on arrival comes back negative, it's not a risk I am currently willing to take.

Reactions: gtcan19

Yassinesnit

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Urgent - I need immediate responses please, grateful to you for life.
I received my visa and COPR last year and they will expire end of March. I unfortunately cannot move in to Canada immediately but I can travel for 10 days and do soft landing. I will be fully vaccinated by Friday (3 shots). I do have family in Canada who can receive the PR card to their address and bring it to me to my home country.

Questions:
1- Are people of my status eligible to travel to Canada under the current circumstances?
2- Can I do soft landing for 10 days? how does soft landing work? what are the risks?
3- Do they ask proof of funds at the customs?
4- If I do soft landing and I receive the PR card, can I come back to Canada as a permanent resident in the summer to settle in?
5- What is required for me overall to enter Canada now?
6- What advices can you provide?

Thank you so very much!

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
So I am in a bit of situation now. Any help is appreciated.

I sent my passports to NY VAC last week and noticed today that counterfoil was generated for my application. Although the expiry date on my passport is 2026 and medical expire 11/22 but the expiry date on my counterfoil is 2/22 but my spouse counterfoil expire on correct date i.e. 11/22. To me it sounds like they put earlier expiry date on my counterfoil based on my wife's old passport which expire on 2/22. I had send my wife's updated passport well before but it seems they still see her old passport in system.

I tried calling IRCC but no agents available. Anyone encountered such scenario?
Update on this post. I sent an amendment request to IRCC to fix expiry on my COPR. Today my profile was updated and they requested passport again. In this case should I sent both my and my spouse's passport? Her visa/COPR expiry is fine so confused whether to send just my passport or both of us.

One thing I noticed was both our COPR details disappeared from CIC account. Any ideas?

Reactions: Tahhi

A_D

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Hi Guys

WE finally got our passport request. The wait has been excruciating.

AOR : April 2019
COPR: 1st Issued on March 20th 2020
COPR EX: March 11th 2021
Ready to travel to Canada Email : Sep 17th 2021
RE Meds Updated : 17th October 2021
Passport Submission for PPR2 : 9th Feb 2022
Visa Office : NDVO