+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
ircc has asked us to submit passport for visa stumping but my passport was less than six months so i have renewed my passport which has changed the last digit of passport number. Is there any chance of problem in visa stumping with this scenario? Need your kind suggestions.
I guess there won`t be any problem at all. You can send new passport and add a letter of explanation along with copy of old passport. To avoid more delays, it would be better if you contact your VO first before sending all the relevant necessary papers.

maral_meraj

Oct 5, 2019
After receiving the request letter that confirms my application has come to the final decision and I should send my passport for visa stamping, my application status says:"we are reviewing the additional documents you provided"
What does this mean. Should I send any document to my application, apart from sending my passport to VO?
This message appeared one day after the PPR letter and I have not sent my passport yet.

rukaye

Nov 1, 2019
I just got my passport request, they didn't ask for proof of funds for my newborn. Finally the wait has come to an end. Strangely this time, it didn't come as an email, it came as a message to my email to check my account and I downloaded the letter from my account. The letter also looked abit different. Thank God and everyone just keep hope alive, it will only take time.

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
I just got my passport request, they didn't ask for proof of funds for my newborn. Finally the wait has come to an end. Strangely this time, it didn't come as an email, it came as a message to my email to check my account and I downloaded the letter from my account. The letter also looked abit different. Thank God and everyone just keep hope alive, it will only take time.
Could you share your timeline please, AoR, VO? Is this your first PPR or second?

cnieman

Dec 17, 2021
Questions please:
I have till 18 Dec to activate my Permanent Residency in Canada, but with the flight ban for Southern Africa, my flight to Canada was booked for 4 December to activate PR status

1. I cannot fly and there is virtually no country that we can stop in for 14 days before travelling to Canada that currently will allow us to do a stopover, how do I go about to have my date extended on my COPR as I had every intention to be in Canada before the expiration date and the covid flight ban was not foreseen by myself or orchestrated by myself.

2. I have a 10 year multi entry visa in my passport as well as the Immigrant visa in my passport, would I be able to visit my daughter on my 10 year visa while waiting for my COPR to be extended, we have not seen each other in 3 years
Hi there - just wondering if you have made any headway in your situation? My parents are in a very similar predicament and have not heard anything from IRCC. Their CoPR expired on December 15, 2021. They also have 10 year visitor visas that only expire in 2024. We haven't seen each other since 2019 and they are ready to move to Canada!

skndmx

Jul 25, 2019
No update since Re-med.
Re-med request on Nov 23rd, and passed on Nov 27th. VO is Montreal.
Is anyone with similar timeline still waiting?
Is IRCC sending out COPR recently?

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Our original COPR expired 2020. Then we had a baby and opened a request to add the newborn to our application.

Responded to are you still interested to come to canada email on November 3rd.
Received medical request(only for newborn) on Jan 17 and completed on Jan 20. Supposedly the panel physician electronically submitted the report on 24th.

I am not sure if IRCC would ask for our Medicals / PCC again? What has been the experience of others in a similar boat.

How long after medicals should we expect the next steps?

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
ircc has asked us to submit passport for visa stumping but my passport was less than six months so i have renewed my passport which has changed the last digit of passport number. Is there any chance of problem in visa stumping with this scenario? Need your kind suggestions.
This happened to me previously. I uploaded a copy of my new passport via webform as an update for ircc but i didnt wait for their respond or anything. I just proceeded straightaway to submit my new passport and the person at the counter asked me for my old passport as well so i gave them both. No issue at all for my case.

Reactions: DrCanada55

rukaye

Nov 1, 2019
Could you share your timeline please, AoR, VO? Is this your first PPR or second?
1st PPR November 2020
Missed it and another sent in December 2020
1st COPR April 2021 expired in may 2021
UE September 20201
Had newborn few days after
Reply with addition of newborn.
Got his passport and documents ready.
October request for newborn documents and medicals.
Did upfront medical s for him same time we did ours and submitted in October.
Medicals passed in November.
Request for newborn medical in December
Submitted via webform again.
Newborn medicals passed in January.
2nd PPR February 1st.

Reactions: Wotsit and VVV62

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
Hi guys! Would like to ask some help, after we got our stamped passport, we were asked to upload a scanned copy of my passport. But i am having an issue in uploading, the "UPLOAD FILE" button is disabled or not working. Can i just send it through webform? Any one who had the same problem? we have a deadline upto February 20. Will it affect are checkin process in the airport, We are planning to fly on MArch 1st week.

Thank you!